Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

single compososit role numbers --range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can some one throw light, from their experience, when you were designing the roles for your project , how many end users were there ? this had how many single roles ? how many composite roles ?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

this all depends on the design and business need so i don't think there is a standard answer to your questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Auke, it is all down to the business requirements, their attitude to risk & scope of the implementation, not to mention your preferences for building roles.

3 recent implementations I have been involved with

1. zero composite roles, approx 10000 single roles, 8000 users

2. zero composite roles, 60 single roles, 1000 users

3. 30 composite roles, 180 single roles, 16000 users

0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer.

Now , for each of this project on an average how many transaction did the end user have.

Can you shed some light as to how inspite of these many single roles why it was not able to map into the composite?

0 Kudos

> Thanks for the answer.

>

> Now , for each of this project on an average how many

> transaction did the end user have.

It was so variable that average transaction access is irrelevant. One company had a wide open data access policy with display access to 400+ transactions - far more than the functional access they had (10 - 50 transactions)

Another project had approx 50 or 60 transactions (including display) but an accountant would have far greater

>

> Can you shed some light as to how inspite of these

> many single roles why it was not able to map into the

> composite?

It was possible to map them to composites but it was decided that the drawbacks to using them outweighed the positives. The extra level of complexity afforded by composites has to be considered

0 Kudos

Alex, Thanks a million for the answer. this has helped me greatly. Were you able to look into another question I had

I have awarded points.

0 Kudos

Hi George,

That link is to this thread......