cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Debug in SRM 5.0 web browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

can anybody tell me how to debug, when we are working in web transaction.

i am working in srm 5.0 .

thanks,

jack

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved!

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u please expalin the steps.

with regards

Manjunath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me how you did this, I was about to ask the exact same question. I have a warning message on a shopping cart and would like to know what data I am missing to cause the warming.

Thanks,

Neal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neal,

Ideally when you're debugging you should try do everything in the SAPGUI as it makes it alot easier. Use /h to enter debug mode and then you can set your breakpoints wherever you like. If you want to do this from the browser, set External Breakpoints and the system will break from the browser and the debugger will open.

If you want to find why the warning message is occuring. Use the 'text' in table T100 (SE16) to find the message number and then you can goto SE91 and use the 'Where used' function. This will show you the possible places the warning can be thrown from, find the right one and you can find out the reason

Hope this helps!

Will

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to debug in SRM browser you need to enable GUI funcionality in the browser, do the following step:

1. TCode: SICF

2. F8 (execute)

if u need to debug BBPSC02

3. Service : BBPSC02 (/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/bbpsc02/)

4. Service Data - GUI configuration - add :

~GENERATEDYNPRO = 1

5. Save

go to the line of code of program/badi/ funct module you wanna debug

5. Activate Debugger :

Utilities - Setting - Debugging: tick 'New Debugger' + tick 'Session Breakpoint active immed.'

6. Set External BreakPoint :

Utilities - External BreakPoints - Set

Done!

Now, run the web browser.

It will generate debugger screen as when reaching the break-point

Dont forget to remove ~GENERATEDYNPRO = 1 after using it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

Thanks for the help, using your advice I have found the only two places that the message is used.

It is in a browser (ITS) where I need to debug. I didn't manage to find how to set an External Breakpoint. I am trying to work through the solution that Jack4Ever provided me but I am going to have to ask him a few more questions too.

Thanks,

Neal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help,

I have now got access to SICF, should I see a service <b><i>BBPSC02 (/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/bbpsc02/)</i></b> in the list, or do I need to create it (or am I very far off the point)?

The code I want to debug is an Include LBBP_PDBUPF0L which is called as part of the <i><b>shop</b></i> option in browser (ITS).

Thanks again,

Neal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again Jack4Ever,

I asked our basis guy for help with your suggestions, and he pointed out to me that we are on EBP 4.0 (SRM 3.0) on WAS 6.20. He tells me this is why I can't see the service in SICF.

Thanks again for your help. I will do a search for <i>Debug in SRM 3.0</i>.

Cheers,

Neal.