cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to check how many lines left while printing a smartform ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

<b> I would like to know if there is any way to find the no.of lines or space left in the page before printing more information</b>. Usually this is done be SAP to check whether there is enough space available or not to print a page protected line type in table.

While printing SAP checks for availability of enough space. I would like to check it manually.

Can anyone advice me on this how to achieve please ? Thanks very much in advance.

Regards,

Sreethan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think you have any such feature.

If you have any content that needs to be printed on a single page, try to use PROTECT (in smartform, this option is a checkbox, in script we use PROTECT...ENDPROTECT)

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your resp.

but this case is different. here i cannot use that check box as this should be in a table. page prtection does not work for multiple line items in a table.

Any advice please ?

Regards

Sreethan

Former Member
0 Kudos

any advice please /

Thanks

Sreethan

Former Member
0 Kudos

this Q is still open. plz ans

sreethan

former_member215542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What you can do here is in the main area/header/footer, create a node of type folder, then create a lines under the folder

In the folder node that you created there will be a check box for 'page protection' in the 'Ouput options' tab. Just enable that checkbox.

The issue can be solved.

Let me know if you need further inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

The case here is a table. so It doesnot work inside a table.

Regards

Sree

former_member215542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yep, thats what I mean... Normally you create,

Table->

Main Area/Header/Footer->

Row1->

Cell->

Text

Row2->

Cell->

Text

Try creating

Table->

Main Area/Header/Footer->

Folder (page protection enabled)

Row1->

Cell->

Text

Row2->

Cell->

Text

end folder

Clear?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pulkit,

I am not sure in which version are you talking about. But in SAP 4.6C version what you said is not working. I tried it in many ways.

Regards

Sree