cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CELL_BG() unknown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create a macro that changes the cell color if the condition is not satisfied. I am using cell_bg for that but I am getting the following error:

The field "CELL_BG" is unknown, but there is a field with the similar name "CON_CELL_BG". "CON_CELL_BG".

Macro(s) Was/Were Not Generated, Macro Book Was Not Saved

I was doing the calculations on cells and using CELL_BG(). I thought this might be the problem and changes that to cells. But still I am getting the same error. I initially though this might be the problem with the space after the BG and parenthesis or within the parenthesis. But still getting the same error.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

In the row properties... make sure it is set up as <b>Row Attributes</b>

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hello Raj,

You will get that error if you do not provide space before entering the number within the paranthesis.

For Ex: it should be CELL_BG( 9 ) and not CELL_BG(9).

Also remeber to use type ATTRIBUTE for your row or cell in the macro step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinidhi, Harish and Srinivas. The main problem was that I didn't change it to attributes for the function CELL_BG.

Thanks a lot for all the helpful answers.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may look in the examples "9AEXAMPLES View( MacroExamples)" macro book for CELL_BG function. Planning Book "9AEXAMPLES" and Dataview SNP94(1). There could be some space issue somewhere. Try to import the macro and work around it.