cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects Summary Tasks on Task Dashboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

My user would like to do the following. I need to know if this is possible. I need to know "rationale" if it's not possible.

Project has one general phase. Within that phase are summary tasks that contain 7-10 subtasks. The user wants to assign a lead to the summary task so that the lead can look at their task dashboard and see all of the high level efforts assigned to the lead's team. So the lead would only see the summary tasks displayed in his or her task dashboard.

The lead will click on a summary task that is displayed in their task dashboard. Within that subset of the project structure, the lead can see the subtasks. The user wants the lead to be able to update status, actual start, actual finish, and notes for the subtasks that belong to that summary task.

The user does not want to have all sub tasks listed on the lead's dashboard. The user just wants the lead to see the summary tasks, but still have the ability to edit the subtasks when they click on that summary task link that appears in the task dashboard.

Is this possible?

Thank you,

Wendy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP responded to our message with a modification that would allow us to do this. It is note 1103595.

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

Please aware the note 1116949, may be it is relevant for your case.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try authorization concept for this.

Assign write/admin authorization for task Read for project to ur lead and none for all others.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion. We think authorizations are set up correctly. By default, the user who is assigned at the summary task gets write access because they have been staffed to the task. This authorization is inherited by the subtasks, so write access is also on all of the subtasks.

I will try changing the access to admin for that set of tasks just to see what happens. It's worth a shot.

Thanks,

Wendy