cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects - HR Master resource in cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The Business Partner (Employee) are the resources used in cProjects.

How do I use the HR Master resources instead? I am able to assign the qualifications to these reosurces but they do no appear in the cProjects front end resource search.

cProjects 4.0.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First activate HR integration in IMG of cProjects.

Resource Management-> Business Partners->Setup integration of HR->Activate HR integration and set 'X'.

Then run report HR_SYNC_PERSON. in TCODE SE38

Then in cProjects check BP.

Maintain those BP as employee in maintain BP and u will get those BP when u search in cProjects by selecting employee.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

You get two points!!

Well, I get the HR resource as a BP.

I then assign the qualification elements from the qualification catalog to this resource. I am able to staff my cProjects front end role with this resource at the front end (Resources > Staffing). However, when I do a resoruce search based on the qualification I assigned to this BP, I do not get this resource in the search list. Am I missing something?

Thanks and Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check that the system user is maintained for this BP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bittu,

Are you maintaining the qualifications in the HR Master, or wrt the Business Partners?

Kindly go through my reply above. It might throw some light.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

This is what I have done. I have a resource in HR Master.

I then run the report HR_SYNC_PERSON. Following this, I got to PPPM and assigned the qualitifaction elements from the catalog to this resource.

And then I get to cProjects front end. When I search for this resource under the Resources > Staffing tab, it appears, and I am able to staff my role with this resource. However, when I do a resource search based on the qualification I have entered for this role (and the resource), the search fails to list this resource.

Any suggestion now...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Didn't quite get - what do I do to check that the system user is maintained for this BP?

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bittu,

One clarification. Are you maintaining qualifications for the Business Partner, or the HR resource through PPPM?

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

This question did not answer my question but definitely made me think in a direction that helped me resolve the issue to quite an extent. And you get six points!

I am now assignnig qualification for the resource under the 'Business Partner' element under PPPM. And this helps me fetch the resource in resource search based on Qualification.

However, once I staff a role, and then click on the Send email button, I get a message that the email was not sent. Where in the HR master do I specify the email address for the resource. I know where this is done for BP but because we are not using BP, I need to have this done in HR.

Any inputs that you can have for this would be great.

Thanks

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your SMTP configuration, if the mail is not being sent.

I suppose the email address maintained for the bP will be used and not the one in HR.

Now if you have done the HR integrtion, the email address of HR should be available in BP too.

Regards,

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SMTP configurations are correct. I am able to send emails when I assign a BP to a role because I am able to maintain the email addresses of such resources in the BP transaction.

However, when I run the report to fetch the HR Master resource as BPs, I do not get their email IDs. Where in the HR Master do I set their email IDs which can reflect in BP is the question. When I tried entering the email address for this HR Master resource in the BP transaction, it asks entry of so many other fields as well.

Any take???

Thanks...

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bittu,

I dont know exactly which one, but this information should be passed to BP from HR through some infotypes. If you can get the infotype, add it in the Filter values for the ALE model and you should be able to get it. I hope you got the hint.

Regards,

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try looking Communication Data in the HR Master (Infotype 105).

This gets migrated to BPs using HR_SYNC_PERSON.

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bittu,

You would need to input these qualifications for the corresponding Business Partners. You can manage this manually through the transaction PPPM.

As per my knowledge, there is no standard report to transfer these qualifications from Infotype 24 to the Business Partner data automatically. I'd request you to raise an OSS message for this to SAP. They might provide you a report for this.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey