Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset logic for more then 999 line items...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I have made a custom function module that parks a FI GL document thru a BDC program of transaction FV50L...From the help of u guys, I was able to make it working...

Now i want to know whether it will be able to handle more then 999 line items or not...?

If not, then what offset logic shud i apply to solve this problem....

Please provide me some suggestions...

Rob,

Inputs Buddy...

Thanks

Cheers:

Sam

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before continuing with this thread, why don't you mark the other one as closed?

If you search the forum, you'll find the answer to this question as well. It was asked and answered a couple of weeks or so ago.

Rob

0 Kudos

Thanks Rob for reminding me...It was ur last suggestion that made me make changes in the code of table control and it seems to work now...

I will search the forumn and see if i can get any answers for this other query...

Thanks..If you also get some inputs please do provide me...

0 Kudos

The forum rule is that you should search the forum for answers before posting, so I'd rather you try that. Just search for 999 in the last 90 days and your bound to find it and others.

Having said that, since you are parking documents, not posting them, maybe you don't have to worry about an intermediate offset entry at all. You could just divide your line items into groups of 950 or so and park them. Since it's parking, I don't think you have to have them balance.

Then when the user comes along and actually wants to post the parked document, he or she can easily create a balancing offset before saving.

Message was edited by:

Rob Burbank

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Rob....So if i have to split the line items then how shud i do it...because u know i am doing a BDC program for FV50L....I can count the number of line ietms...if they are greater then 950 then how shud i code...please suggest......

Thanks

0 Kudos

Create one batch input sessions for each group of 950 lines plus one for the remainder.

Did you see:

<a href="https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=5678512&messageID=4167847">https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=5678512&messageID=4167847</a>

Rob

Message was edited by:

Rob Burbank

0 Kudos

Gurus,

I am calling my BDC of FV50L transaction from a custom FM...so what kind of code shud i write to split the documents...A code sample will be really helpful...

Thanks

Sam

0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I have done this for FB01. You need to just pass last entry as the balancing entry in each document. For eg. If you decided you will have 950 entry in each document then the 950th entry should be balancing entry of whole document lets say it is credit of 5000$ then the first entry of next document should be debit of 5000$ and again last entry of second document(950th) is balancing entry..and so on.

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

For parking, you don't need an offsetting entry. For control purposes, it might be better to tlet the user cresate the offsetting entry when the document is finally posted.

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Atish, I understand this but i ma not able to visualize how to code...I have the offset account...so do i have to split before calling the BDC and push the the offset entry last...Is there any code sample to look at...so that ican follow the same approach...

Thanks

Sam

0 Kudos

Rob,

R u sure we do not have to worry about the offset account...beacuse my BDC program is part of a wrapper which is a FM and this is called from outside the SAP as a RFC call...they will be sending more then 999 line items...

Please suggest...

0 Kudos

I don't know if it's cofigurable or not, but in our system at least, documents don't have to balance to zero before being parked.

I'm not saying you don't have to worry about the offset, just not at park time. The user would have to create the offset whan posting it.

Rob

0 Kudos

Rob,

So Correct me if i am wrong:If more then 999 line items are sent to a BDC program of FV50L to park documents, the bdc will allow that and will not drop any line items...and the document will get parked....At the time of posting they will have to split and add an offset account...

Please suggest me as then i can explain my manager...

Thanks

Sam

0 Kudos

No - you still have to split it into less than 999 items (preferably 950). You just don't worry about creating the offsetting entry.

Rob