Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block movements with fraction quantities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have to block Transfer Orders at SAP-WM (Warehouse Management) and

Material Movements at SAP-MM (Material Management) when Base Unit of

Measure (MARA-MEINS) is 'PC' and the quantity requested is a fraction number.

For example:

If I try to transfer 1.5 PC of a material, the SAP System shouldn't

allow the movement, because Base Unit of Measure is 'PC'. How can i customize this?

This role should be applied in some other Base Unit of Measures,

according to the customer business, some Base Units of Measures should only allow movements with integer quantities.

I've found out three Notes about this, but I didn't understand how to apply it.

Notes:

0000022043 Proposed quantities not always whole numbers

0000077525 Quantity unit conversion in inventory management

0000095869 Decimal places for quantity fields (type QUAN)

Regards,

Tiago Correia

tiagocaceres5@hotmail.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muralidhara,

Is the same answer SAP support had give me.

I'll try solve this problem with a User Exit then.

Thank you ahain,

Tiago

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tiago,

There is no solution. In general, you cannot completely remove decimal places, neither from a business perspective nor a technical perspective. The 'Decimal places' field (T006-DECAN) in Customizing of a unit of measurement affects inventory management.

The number of decimal places set in Customizing mainly affects the display of data values and in certain cases, it also affects the determination of default values by the system. However, you can manually enter as many decimal places as the field domain allows, this is usually three.

This is Std. SAP Functionality and works as designed. This procedure ensures that, for partial withdrawals, the percentage of the costs is correctly charged.

<b>For example</b>: If 1 PC of a material is used to produce 10 KG of a material, then an inwards goods movement of 1 kg of the produced materials will cause 0.1 PC of the material to be charged.

If you want to post the goods movements in whole numbers only, correct the proposed withdrawal quantities when you enter the goods movement.

<b>Howsoever, you can look into alternative work around solution i.e. using User Exit at transaction level.</b>

Bye,

Muralidhara