cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Sales to Canada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Greetings! I am sure some of you may have designed/worked on similar process.

I configured process for US plant Sales to Canadian customer, my client is using Vertex for US tax calculation (XR1~XR6), while we setup ZGST and ZPST conditions in SD to charge Canadian tax and post them to different GL accounts. Based on Canadian provinces, ZGST and ZPST records are setup in SD. Also, setup pricing requirements to

- Enable ZGST and ZPST when ship-to country = CA

- Enable XR1~XR6 when ship-to country <> CA

This config works fine on sales order, delivery and invoice. I get tax populated correctly in both scenarios:

#1 US Domestic or internation sales (not Canada) (XR1~XR6 added to tax total)

#2 US sales to Canada (ZGST and ZPST added to tax total)

Pricing procedure is same for both scenario, tax procedure is TAXUSX.

However, i get error when try releasing invoice to accounting for Scenario #2;

<b><u>System error: Level of the default TXJCD is not eq. 1</u></b>

Is it caused by any FI configuration that needs to be done, or due to tax jurisdiction code. It is CAON for #2 scenario, and TAXUSX schema requires format: 2:3:2:2

Appreciate any advise, and how to handle this error. Also, let me know if you have designed this business process differently.

thanks a lot,

Hetal Parikh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had a similar problem - there is an oss note. Please search via the error message number.

former_member786627
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, could you please provide the msg number for the OSS?
Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hetal Parikh,

I think problem may be in juridiction code of countries.

when you created company code there you have to assign so i think problem is taking of juridiction code i am not sure but may be there

Prem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

thanks, jurisdiction code format seems issue here. I need to know if anyone has work on similar process.

regards,

Hetal