cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-reaction failed to trigger email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently configuring auto-reaction to trigger email upon when there is an alert triggered in the Solution Manager. This is what I did:

1. Made sure SAPCONNECT background job is running under SAP* user ID. (Every 5 minutes)

2. SCOT (SMTP) is configured properly - configured for address type "Internet"

3. I have also configured auto-reaction methods and alerts with user say, 'XXXX'

4. Central System Dispatching is activated with same user 'XXXX'

5. Also, I made sure that the user ID from which the alert emails has an email address associated in 'SU01'.

6. I used the function module 'SALO_EMAIL_IN_CASE_OF_ALERT' for the autoreaction method.

I see the alerts in transaction 'Solution_Manager'. For example, 'It shows me a list of aborted jobs'. I have associated the autoreaction with MTE 'R3BPServerSpecAbortedJobs' to trigger an email if there is an alert from this MTE. But, the SAPCONN-INT background job that runs every 5 minutes doesn't detect any alerts at all. Can someone throw some light over this?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not configure the SCOT and auto reaction in client '000'. Once I did that, and configure the 'mail send' jobs in client '000', the problem got resolved.

Thank you.

former_member328919
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Can you please give us more details please.

How you configure SCOT and auto reaction in client '000'.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

Please have a look at in KBA: 1636899

BR

T

former_member328919
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Tamas,

Could you say me how is it possible to lauch automatically auto-reaction method (RZ20-RZ21) , please ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I don't see them in SOST.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess, the only time, this will show under SOST is, when the SAPCONN_INT background job finds an object with alert and process it through the method I have configured in 'Central Auto Reaction'. When I looked at the 'Job log' of one of the successfully finished SAPCONN_INT job, this is what I see:

Job started

Step 001 started (program RSCONN01, variant SAP&CONNECTINT, user ID DDIC)

Start send process SAPCONNECT_INT on server XXXXXXXX in client XXX.

End of send process SAPCONNECT_INT. Number of selected objects: 0

Job finished

Although the step001 was running under DDIC, the 'Job Createdby' shows 'SAP*'.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then i think its not the problem of SAPCONNECT , double check your auto reaction configuration ? Have you register and started sapccm4x ? Have you assigned auto reaction to MTE in RZ21 --> Technical Infrastructure --> Configure central system --> Assign central auto reaction ; there select your satellite system , required MTE and central auto reaction then assign central auto reaction

thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

--> "Have you registered and started SAPCCM4x?" by this, I guess, you are refering to sapccm4x in the satellite system. If so, yes, I have done that and only after doing this, I have started receiving alerts in the central system.

--> Yes, I have assigned auto-reaction to MTE in 'Assign central auto reaction screen', for the specific satelllite system. After doing this, I see those auto-reaction listed in the bottom pane of the 'Assign central auto reaction' screen. But, I guess, this has nothing to do with the SAPCONN_INT job detecting the alert. Does it? I am under the opinion that the SAPCONN_INT job detects all the alerts in the CCMS. Am I wrong? Does this job dependent on the Auto-reaction configuration? As I had mentioned in my previous message, the job is producing '0' alerts even though there are so many alerts out there.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think its noting to do with sapconnect or its job. sapconnect is not seeing the mails , some how your auto reaction isnt sending mails . I know you are using method CCMS_OnAlert_Email_V2 or CCMS_OnAlert_Email for sending mail. Check the properties of the method like properties , control , release etc. I suggest you to copy this method to a z method and make the changes if you havent done this already

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you see these alert mails in SOST ?

Thanks

Prince Jose