cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic adaptive rfc model creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am new in web dynpro. I just want to know is there any way to import BAPI dynamically to th model. If possible then where can I found related code.

Regards

Kousik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Business driver are the interfaces or bridges which will be used for connecting your presentation layer with your DB backend.

Normally it will an interface program which connects your front end to ur DB.For ex : JCO which is a java interface which connects your presentation layer (webdynpro) to your R/3 DB and pull out data from R/3.

Rdgs,

G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I have a scenario where I may have to import RFC model dynamically . And can you please let me know what do you mean by business driver?

Erin2
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Business driver is another way of asking what exactly is the problem you are trying to solve? Maybe there are more appropriate declarative ways to solve your problem. Is your RFC interface truly changing constantly to necessitate dynamic metadata generation? Or do you really need to ability to connect your WD to different backends? What has led you to believe that you need a dynamic model. The main reason I ask, is that since you are new you may be jumping to the wrong conclussion and subsequently making your life much harder. Simple is always better.

Thanks, Erin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kousic,

First, what do you mean when saying dynamically? Create a-la Adaptive RFC model at runtime?

If so, the this is really hard topic, especially for WD newbie. There are 2 options, but in any case you need deep understanding of

-- How original Adaptive RFC model work in general

-- JCo programming

-- Working with WD data dictionary types

-- Working with ICMIModel and IWDModel

-- ABAP functions for working wiht metadata RFC, DD (JCo metadata is not sufficient to create Adaptive RFC Model)

So there are 2 ways:

-- Create your code atop of undocumented base classes for Adaptive RFC model (it will emulates Adaptive RFC model wizard up to certain extent)

-- Use only JCo and reproduce all fuctionality of Adaptive RFC model + corresponding model wizard

So this is really complex task.

VS

Erin2
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can retreive the metadata for RFCs and BAPIs at runtime using standard JCo calls. You would then use more standard JCo calls in addition to Web Dynpro code to populate your context dynaically with the RFC data. It's all possible, it just takes more manual coding. Will the signature of your RFC call really be changing enough to necessitate all the extra code though? That's what you really need to determine. What is your business driver?

Hope this helps,

Erin

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I have seen no documentation nor any other indication that this sort of thing is currently possible with WebDynpro and NWDS. Of course, if you are a really good java developer, I assume that it would be possible to write all the code manually.

Regards,

Rich Heilman