Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copies of a Project - still the same in Portal

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SDN,

me and my team are facing a problem regarding copies of a WD Project.

We have tried to make different copies of the same Project (one per programmer), in order to avoid conflicts while deploying and testing.

(Unfortunatly we have to work in the same project, because the Components are integrated).

But once in the portal, it is still the same, even with different names.

E.g., when I make some modification and deploy, the other pregrammer see my modifications in its version of the Project.

When testing, each programmer has its own link:

- SolicitacaoContratacaoCopia001/SolicitacaoContratacaoApp

- SolicitacaoContratacaoCopia002/SolicitacaoContratacaoApp

- SolicitacaoContratacaoCopia003/SolicitacaoContratacaoApp

I just would like to know what happens, internally in the Portal, that the Projects doesn't get separate!

I thank for any kind of help!!

Best regards!

Fabio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja.

• pts assigned!

SRudra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Fabio,

I Netweaver platform all setings are maintained as meta-tag property in some files. You will find that in most projects that u work upon a lot of meta declarations goes during building the project. So In all chances the u have the exact settings. A round about way to go for these settings would be to copy the project and rename the project and then import the project. I have worked in this way in my Webdynpro projects. Let us know the type of projects you are working with. We could suggest you some workaround.

Cheers!!!

Sukanta Rudra

fabio_bellocchio
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sukantra,

it seems to be exactly this!

Could you please, just explain, in steps, what you said with: "copy the project and rename the project and then import the project" ??

I've tried just to copy the project (right click in the project, copy, and paste with a different name), but it keeps replacing other copies in the portal, when I deploy it.

Thanks!

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto your project file in workspace..and copy your project into different location and then there is a file called PROJECT, open that with notepad..

you may see the below lines

<projectDescription>
	<name>your_project_name</name>

within <name> tag give the new project name & import. This name will become the new project name.

Hope this will solve the issue.

Raja

Message was edited by:

Armin Reichert