cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acknowledgement for Idoc To File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario is idoc to file and if the file is successfully delivered at destination then i need an acknowledgement saying that the file was received successfully.

How to achieve this. Can any body send me the scenario with screen shots.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

For file to idoc scenario is there any possibility to get line items details or xml details i.e the segments and its related field details using reference id, transaction id or interface name or message id in SAP PI 7.0. I know we need to click each and every message in sxi_monitor and look for details.

For SAP(R3 System) I can create a report and set the job for specific time period so automatically it throws the details(like reference no, document date, invoice no from) in ftp path as .csv file. The same ftp path is maintained in program.

I wanted to check FTP--->PI postings and I have set the job at r3 system it is working fine and Im monitoring it too.

Now the end to end scenario is FTP--->PI--->ECC(R3 system). Please help.Many Thanks.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Add logical system name to your Receiver Business System ./ Service.

2. Create an Idoc adapter for the Acknowledgement under the R3's Business System / Service. You would need to maintain the rfc destination etc for the R3

3. Add this parameter in SXMB_ADM --> ACK_SYSTEM_FAILURE with value 1

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i set the parameter in SXMB_ADM --> ACK_SYSTEM_FAILURE with value 1,

will i get the success message if my scenario is successful. Where can i see this acknowledgement status message.

Regards,

Venkat

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will see an AleAduit Idoc in SAP and this will be for both error and success cases.

In XI you will just see the Ack status with the updated status. You can see the Idoc in IDX5

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member614185
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do the steps given in the help link for acknowledgement

former_member614185
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

file adapter supports only transport ack,not application ack.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

Thanx

Message was edited by:

Aamir Suhail