Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scenario is <b>FILE -> JDBC (MS-ACCESS).</b>

File gets polled. I can see the chequered flag in SXMB_MONI.But in the response don't get the payload.....

The <b>data doesn't get populated</b> in the database....?

Already reffered the following blogs

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

Connection parameters are fine.

Database is present on the PI Server in a shared folder. Access permissions are fine.

Any clues how to resolve issue .....??????

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check data is inserting into table by inserting it manually into Database.

after that check Runtime workbench AE and if alla re fine then system error may be there.

Regards,

phani

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved the issue. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What does it say in the CC monitoring..just Functioning right..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well system error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem in the cc itself

Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//<ipaddress>/abc/raj/TestDB.mdb' using the JDBC driver 'sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManager

Exception: <b>Cannot establish connection</b> to URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//<ipaddress>/abc/raj/TestDB.mdb': SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified'

well the DB is there in the specified folder..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try storing the mdb file in C: drive itself.I feel there is a problem with the path.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried both ways earlier

URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=C:/abc/raj/TestDB.mdb

URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//<ipaddress>/abc/raj/TestDB.mdb

result is same

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

No i mean to say just

DBQ=C://TestDB.mdb

Also by keeping it in C drive and checking with

//XIserver/folder/database.mdb

Where is your DB located??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah i got that but

DB on the PI SERVER in a shared folder.

Can't put directly on the C drive restricted access.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Connection: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//xiserver/xitemp/db/TestDB.mdb

In the above code I feel we just need to replace xiserver with the hostname of our xi server and specify the path to the database you are trying to connect.

and we cannot use
also since i feel its not allowed here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try with the following driver.

HXTT Access is such a type 4 driver at http://www.hxtt.net/en/software/access/document.html

It is a JDBC drivers that shall work with MS-Access, apart from Sun's Jdbc Odbc driver.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

first it was the host name itself as it wasn't working i changed to IP address to be more safe ... hehe didn't paid offf

Well i gonna try the last option thatz suggested ........ should be off for the day.

Thanks a lot....gn

<b>

Cheers,

Raj</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I believe you must have set the table field on the receiver side with the real dbname.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,as monika said,I think, the inbound DT field names should exactly match with DB names.they are case sensitive too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well the problem is not with mapping it is with connection url.

So no issues in IR as it system error is being thrown that means message is not reaching the receiver / target system.

For the cross check i have gone through the audit log ..

Still have to figure out what is wrong with mah connection url....

Lemme try again 2morrow.

Thanks 4 all ur tym.

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First try entering the same data manually by using insert statements.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

any error in RWB-->Message moni (AE)?

I am thinking there is possibility failure of receiver JDBC adapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I hope there is no data type mismatch.The values you have in the file to entered into the DB are well accepted by the fields.

Thanks