cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend and deploy a ISA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I am trying to extend the b2b ISA application. Therefor I tried to workout the extension examples of the "Development and Extension Guide" (demo1).

I followed the procedure as described in the "Development and Extension Guide" to build and to deploy the application (using ant and ISA build tool). When I deploy the "b2b_tutorial_demo1to4.ear" file using the SDM tool, a folder named: "crm.b2b_tutorial_demo1to4" is created in the directory \j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com. I expected it would be created in the dir: \j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\crm.b2b\servlet_jsp\b2b\root.

When i try to call the application with http://localhost:<port>/b2b/b2b_tutorail_demo1to4/init.do, as described in the guide, the page can not be displayed.

Is there somebody how has more experience with extending the an ISA application? And can tell me what I'm doing wrong? Is it also normal that after deploying the ear file, a folder with the project name is created in the sap.com directory instead of the sap.com\crm.b2b\servlet_jsp\b2b\root directory?

Regards,

Ardiles Mozesz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ardiles,

1. Using ISA build tool you have created a new web-application named "b2b_tutorial_demo1to4" (as the ear-name is always the application name).

So you have to call http://localhost:<port>/b2b_tutorial_demo1to4/b2b/init.do to start the application.

2. Yes, it is normal that there is an new folder created in the sap.com-directory, in your case named crm.b2b_tutorial_demo1to4 because this ist the name of your self created web-application.

With best regards,

Holger Dittrich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Holger,

Thank you for your reaction.

I tried the url that you gave me. Unfortunately I didn't work. I got an empty page. But I think it is the right way to call my application. I only think it is not the intension that the application is deployed as crm.b2b_tutorial_demo1to4 in de sap.com directory. I want to deploy it as crm.b2b . Do you know how to change this if i already generated the ear file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ardiles,

that the url does not work and you have got an empty page indicates that you have not yet configured your b2b_tutorial_demo1to4-webapplication using the XCM. If you have a look at the log-files in the WEB-INF/logs-folder you will find the corresponding exception-loggings. Please have a look at page 71 of the "Development and Extension Guide - SAP Internet Sales 4.0" where you can find a small introduction of XCM-configuration.

Creating a selfnamed customer project as you have done by your b2b_tutorial_demo1to4-application is the correct way also documented in the "Development and Extension Guide - SAP Internet Sales 4.0" starting on page 74. You always work on an modified copy of the standard-SAP-webapplication. So I always install the standard-SAP-webapplication and my modified selfnamed webapplications on the J2EE-development-server. This has for example the advantage that you can always use the unmodified standard-application for comparing- or debugging-purposes.

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I'm having a lot of problems trying to find the file "b2b_tutorial_demo1to4.ear".

Where did you get it ?

I would really appreciate your help, I'm totally stucked =(

Thanks and regards from Mexico,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

I have no idea if a "b2b_tutorial_demo1to4.ear" is delivered and therefore existing from SAP.

Please use the ISA build tool to create this ear-file.

This would be a good exercise for getting experience with this SAP-tool.

With best regards,

Holger Dittrich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

I don't know if you are still looking for the demo files. I had the same problem and found out that the source code is attached to OSS Note 712970.

Regards

Peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ardiles,

I have a easy question for you 😃 Where can I get the file "b2b_tutorial_demo1to4.ear" ?

I'm frustrated because I cant find it in any place =(

PLEASE HELP ME !!! =(

thanks and regards from Mexico,

Regards,

Diego