cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Table Values as Import Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a Java Web Dynpro DC Application that uses the Adaptive RFC Call to get data from SAP.I have a Import Parameter which refers to a Structure. I am setting up the values in my WD- DC Application and everything works fine with out any issues when i deploy it in my local server and connect the the Backend SAP System. Where as i have issues when i check-in my application OR deploy and run it from the central instance the field values are toggled a bit and that results in raising exception from my RFC, meaning when i set Values for Field3, Field5,Field7 etc., the field values are shifted above and below some times.For instance Field3 is moved to Field2 and Field5 moved to Field8 etc., I understand that there could be Performance Issue when you pass huge volume of data i mean for the whole structure but i am using only 4 Fields with maximum length of 28(4410+10) in that structure.

The alternate i am looking at is to use individual parameters for these 4 fields instead of structure that should work but i wanted to find why it is working in Local Instance and not in the Central Instance inspite of connecting to the same SAP System.

The only other difference i could see is my Local Server is NW2004s SP11(Java Stack Only) and the Central Instance is NW2004s SP12 and this is a ECC6.0 sytem with both ABAP + JAVA Stack.

Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Gisk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SRudra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should try using sesion object of J2EE... pass these four parameters into it and retrieve it during showing up in table. Let us know if this trick worked.

Cheers!!!

Sukanta rudra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sukanta,

I already changed my RFC to have Individual parameters instead of refering to the Structure(as i have mentioned in my earlier post) and made necessary modifications in my JWD application, it works fine. So I have the work around solution. All i was looking for is an anwer to my question in my earlier post.

Question: "Does transferring table values as Import parameters happens correctly in NW2004s SP12?". My local version is NW2004s SP11 and it works fine when my Import Parameter of my RFC refers to a Structure where as it is not when i run it from my central instance which is NW04s SP12. My assumption is for some reason the values are not transferred correctly from the Java Stack to the ABAP Stack in SP12 when i am referring to a Structure in my import parameter.

I just wanted know if any one had this issue OR our assumption is incorrect.

Thank You

Gisk