cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport using STMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Basis People,

Im unable to Transport my Logo from Development Server Production Server using STMS. All the changes i have made in Dev can be viewed in Prd. Server but the Logo doesn't appear. why? my colleague told me that you can't transport image from one server to other server. can anyone tell me how this can be done?

Thanks

Siva kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating logo on development system you must have selected $TMP package. This package is used for local change request which does not generate co-files & data-files.

You can either create transport of copies and include previous request in it.

P.S Award points if helpful.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can u clarify a bit more pls.

For what purpose this logo is used for sap scripts?

To upload graphics use Tcode se78.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

By Default you can able to see the Water/IDES image on the right side of the Easy Access menu. i want My Company Logo(image) should be displayed. So I have changed the image in One (IDES) Server and it is working fine.

what i want is, the same image what i have created in IDES Server(One Application Server) should be coming to SMR Server( another application server) by the way of <b>Transporting</b>.

Now i have released the image by using its Transport Req. Number and i have imported that in SMR system also. When i open SM30 i can able to see the same file has been imported successfully. Even though the image is not displayed.

The Package Name i have given is $TMP in IDES. Is there any like, TMP will not be Imported or something?

Is that Possible to Do by using SE78. if so, How?

I hope this much of Explanation is enough. Plz Let me know the further details.

Thx&Regards,Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I don't understand how you have been able to import your transport request in the SMR system because you told that the package was $TMP.

when you release a $TMP transport request, no data and cofile are generated so it is not tranportable. The release just merely unlock the objects.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

As you say $TMP can not be Transported.i agree with you. Then how i got the Request from IDES with the same req. number?

anyway, i have to Transport that to SMR? if you want me to recreate everything with Different Package name in IDES, i do. but what is the package name.

how to transport? you have to tell me Olivier.

what is the use of se78 in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Go to SE80 and create a custom package/dev class (put Z in the beginning). Once it's done, reassign your objects to this class (you can do it via SE80 as well).

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I tried this Using se80. i created a package, inside that i added an existing package which i have created in IDES ($TMP). so that, i got new transport Req. Number. Now, i Released this Req. from IDES and Imported in SMR. Even After that, no Changes in the log on image. But unfortunately my Welcome screen Default Words(Welcome information) were gone. I can only able to see the Client , User name and Password Text box. Why ? How can i recovery the information(Welcome information).

Thx

Siva