cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requisite Catalog - BugsEye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am very new to SRM and need some help from you experts.

Only on our QA system we are receiving the following error on the bugseye catalogue:

"Error

Search string pen

Oracle context is not running, please re-try and simplify"

I have confirmed with our dba that everythingfrom an Oracle perspective is fine. We are running SRM5.0.

Any ideas and recommendations will be really appreciated,

Thanks and regards

Avishkar Bandu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>This seems like SAP BASIS Issue.</b>

<u><b>Please go through this SAP Consulting Release Independent Note -></b></u>

Oracle Context Cartridge should be installed as service for the BBP catalog.

Via service computers sapservX, SAP supplies program SAPConServ.exe which is used as Service Wrapper for the Oracle Context Cartridge. Up to now, this solution only includes the Oracle Release 8.0 and CANNOT be transferred to Oracle 8i.

<u>You find the program as a zip archive attached to this <b>SAP OSS note 331098</b>.</u>

Note 331098 - Oracle Context Cartridge Wrapper for BBP catalog

<b>Hope this will definitely help. Do let me know.</b>

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It may comes from Oracle intermedia indexes which need to be rebuild. Go to Users & Views > Policies in ECMANAGER. Select Default, and press Rebuild... This will create a background job of about one hour for medium catalog.

Best regards,

Frédéric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frédéric,

I have read something similiar than what you mentioned - about the "Free Text" search which is typically available via the Indexing on the Oracle Server is running.

However, I am really not sure where to look for this. We are on the AIX platform with oracle 10g.

Any ideas,

Thanks and regards

Avishkar Bandu

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Avishkar,

I think the error message is correct. BugsEye needs Oracle Context which is search engine. If the process is not up, you can not search. If Oracle runs on Windows, do you see a DOS window for Oracle Context ?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

Oracle is running on AIX - Do you know where I can check this if oracle is running on AIX platforms?

Thanks and regards

Avishkar Bandu

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Avishkar,

I'm not familiar with unix platform but you should see the process for Oracle Context. Please check the installation guide and find the script or process name for Oracle Context.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You are using very generic term in Search..

Incase you want to search for "Pen", try this with search say "Pen"....and then try again..

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Utul,

I have tried this but having the same problem,

On my DEV and Prod systems it works fine..

Thanks and regards

Avishkar Bandu