Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record not deleted from Mobile Device, when there is error on the MI

vivek_goenka
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi

i am using MI7.0 SP9

I created a new record on the mobile device. When I synchronized the device, there was an error on the MI b'coz "Default value missing". But this newly created record is still in the mobile device with the status INSYNC. No matter how many times I synchronize the device, this record is not deleted from the device.

I tried to "Reprocess" it, and "Trigger Handler" but nothing happened, i only got the error message "None of the selected worklists can be reprocessed".

Then i did "Change to Ignore Status", it happened successfully, but the data is still on the mobile device even after synchronizing many times.

To remove this record, i Reset my mobile device.

but i want to know, how i can remove this record from the mobile device without Reseting the device.

Thanks & Regards

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Resting the client is the only way you can remove SyncBOs which are in sync is by reseting the client.

Suppose if any error occurs in the middleware an delete or replace message is sent to the client. So during creation if there is an error, a delete sent and during error in modification an replace is sent to the client. Kindly let me know if you can see the delete or replace message being sent in the outbound for the respective inbound.

Thanks...

Preetham S

vivek_goenka
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Preetham

thanks for your reply.

i am getting msg type E.

i ran the program MEREP_RDB_T01_RESET and deleted all the replica data, but after synchronizing also my mobile device shows the same data.

its not deleted from the mobile device.

bye

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

what you have done is a reset of the middleware. You need to reset the client to remove this entry from the client. Well, the problem is, that the middleware has not send any update for this item that is InSync state n the device. Normally you update or create an item on the device - this item then goes to InSync state while it sends its new data to the middleware. In a normal case then, there is either a reply with status D - that will remove the item from the device - or M - this will change the item with the result form the backend and set it to status Global. An answer with status A is possible. But anyway, there as no answer from your Middleware down to the client. This was already mentioned by the guy before.

What you have to do - unfortunately - is to go to the settings screen on the client. There you find a button: reset client. If you press this button and confirm that you want to delete the client - with the next sync all items are removed from the client and you get a complete fresh dataset. This is helpfull whenever you have such a problem in testing phase. Ok, a few syncs and all data is back on the device.

But the other problem mentioned above: look into the MEREP_MON - into the putbound queues for this particular syncBO. Was there nor reply for this syncBO with that Key, that did anything to change the status for it on the device? This is strange - if this is the case: what was the reason for your middleware error and how can you avoid it in the future?

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

As mentioned in the previous reply by oliver, check the outbound list for the corresponding errored inbound. There should be a delete being sent. If there is a delete being sent, then there is problem on the client application.

Also you could reprocess the errored worklist by editing the data and clicking the reprocess button in the worklist.

Thanks..

Preetham S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I understand from your message that the RFC call to the backend resulted in a error due to missing data and that hence has resulted in the error message in te middleware.Since this hasnt been processed successfully in the middleware the same record is still held in the client. The succeeding syncs should have brought the error message back to the client.

However, In this case, you wouldnt need to reset the client or the mddleware data, you should be able to edit the data containers in the middleware and update the missing data fields for that record. Click on the data container for the same record and go int the chnage mode to edit the field contents . After that you can re-process the same record.

Once you do that, the same record will be created in the backend and the reference record in the client will be deleted in the succedding syncs.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Narasimhan