cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI cont 3.53 Patches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We are going for a fresh installtion of SAP-BW on linux RHEL 4 32 bit,Oracle 10.2.0.2 and Kernel 6.40, BI cont 3.53,we have found patch 14 is the latest patch for BI cont....now the problem is we are not able to decide if we shud go with the latest one i.e patch 14 or shud we go for all the 14 patches....i.e install patch 1,thn patch2,patch3...............patch 13&patch 14. If this is the case is thr any option of putting all the patches in a tool n exceute it like we do Oracle patches using MOpatcg. Pls suggest.

Thanks for your valuable time,

Bob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don´t mix up things here.

First, install the latest Oracle patchset (10.2.0.2) and then all subsequent Oracle patches (30+ single patches).

Then check your actual support level status after installation with "System - Status - Component version". You need to download and install ALL between your actual version and the newest one.

If you install e. g. an SR1 release, SP9 is contained so you need to download SP10 - SP14 (SAP_BW).

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thts's a great reply...thx.

Pls suggest me how to install BI cont /which file to start with...and when shud we install BI cont, is it when the kernel and db instance is stopped or when it is started....

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Bob

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when it´s started of course.

Check

Note 774933 - Installation and upgrade to BI_CONT 3.53

It will describe the steps you need to follow.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

That information really helped me a lot..thanq.

Can you pls tell me if thr exits any note or procedure to install Oracle patches (20+) using MOPatch . we downloaded MOPatch...

we found MOPatch .sh, so where will it ask to give all the 20 + patches path...pls let me know the details.....

Thaks for u'r time,

Bob

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use MOPatch only on new installations,means, if you just installed the database software. On a already running system you need to install them one-by-one.

This is Oracle...

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

We are going for a fresh installation...we want to install oracle 10.2.0.2 and then the 20 + patches using MOPatch, in tht case wat will be steps we may face.... like after installing oracle then we shud run MOPatch,whr does it ask us to give the 20 patches... pls clarify. (steps involved to install these patches)

Regards,

Bob

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check

Note 027012 - MOPatch - Install Multiple Oracle Patches in One Run

There you will find a step-by-step guide where to put patches and what to execute. Follow it really attentively, otherwise it may fail.

Good luck!

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus..........FULL POINTS

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you´re welcome

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

we are installing oracle patches using MOPatch ,we downloaded all the patches from market place,we started running MOPatch ,shud we unzip all the patches or put all the zip files in patch base directory .will MOPatch recognise this zip files or shud we unzip them>

Pls suggest.

Regards,

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

just put the patches in a directory read/writable by ora<sid>, do not unzip them, and run MOPatch from that directory.

Best regards,

Elmar.

Answers (0)