SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computing a Mid-Term GPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need calculate a mid-term GPA. Our appraisal templates are built as follows:

Final (0001)

Mid-term (0002)

So how do we get the PI calculation to see the mid-term appraisal template. It looks like the IT_KEYFIGURES table only contains the Final appraisal data and not the mid-term.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Welcome to the BPX Forum, Rick!

You are correct that normally the IT_KEYFIGURES table used in PI calculation only includes the top-level appraisal. However, it is possible to use a PI Filter to change the Appraisal Type that is included for certain Indices. So, you can replace the top-level appraisal values in IT_KEYFIGURES with the values from appraisal element 0002 (in your case). I have attached a document that explains the process, along with screenshots and sample code for the Filter BAdi implementation you would need. Just follow the steps in order and you should have a mid-term GPA available in your system in no time!

Michael

P.S. for attachments, you might need to right-click and 'Save Target As', rather than just trying to open it directly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Welcome to the BPX Forum, Rick!

You are correct that normally the IT_KEYFIGURES table used in PI calculation only includes the top-level appraisal. However, it is possible to use a PI Filter to change the Appraisal Type that is included for certain Indices. So, you can replace the top-level appraisal values in IT_KEYFIGURES with the values from appraisal element 0002 (in your case). I have attached a document that explains the process, along with screenshots and sample code for the Filter BAdi implementation you would need. Just follow the steps in order and you should have a mid-term GPA available in your system in no time!

Michael

P.S. for attachments, you might need to right-click and 'Save Target As', rather than just trying to open it directly.

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I tried to download this, but its size is 0KB after download,

Please attach the file again...

thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I downloaded it successfully.

I think Firefox does not support downloading, I tried with Internet Explorer. I think, It must be supported by Firefox also.

thanks

0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

where do I find the mentioned attachment?

Thank you in advance,

Michiel.

0 Kudos

Hi Michiel,

you can find this document in the Higher Education Wiki.

Go to the Wiki section and choose "Your Industry", afterwards you choose "Higher Education". There you will find the "Implemantation Cookbooks and Best Practices for Student Lifecycle Management" section. The documnet you are looking for is in there.

Regards

Marco

0 Kudos

Thank you!