cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when can we go for PROXYS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally with out proxys also we can load the data into R/3 database tables.. that means through RFC's we can do.. then why we are using Proxys..

what is the advatages of Proxys.. insted of RFC's why will we go for proxys..

thanks

Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi babu

<b>take a example

need to call a BAPI in R/3 using XI. Possible Approaches:</b>

1) Using RFC Adapter : Performance Inferior (I do not want to discuss this)

2) Using Server Proxy and calling the BAPI inside the method.

3) Exposing the BAPI as ES and consuming that using XI.

Now when we compare the approaches 2 & 3,

what are the basic differences in terms of security and performance.

<b>

answer</b>

Server proxy is a better method. Coz if RFC adapter is performance inferrior this is the only option, and server proxy will handle the security also.

- If you use an ES, Even then you will be using an RFC adapter for exposing it. So I think direct one shot method is the Server Proxy.

- But using an ES will make it ESA enabled which will give more value to the client. But security has to be managed by you.

- Basically you have to find a balance between two..

In ERP 2006, the base for exposing a RFC/Bapi as a webservice is Proxy. So You will have to create a Proxy first for exposing a RFC as a webservice. (There could be otherways of doing it . But this is preferred as per ESOA modeling). So i suggest you use proxy mechanism and you will have two options for consuming the RFC, 1. Through XI 2. Through your webservice runtime in SAP Application server.

Hope it clear your doubts

Regards

Abhishek

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi BABU,

<i><b>Normally with out proxys also we can load the data into R/3 database tables.. that means through RFC's we can do.. then why we are using Proxys..</b></i>>>

first of all u need to think wats the use of RFC ,IDOC and Proxy..???

Whenever XI communicate with any SAP system(for eg.. R/3 ,BW,APO etc)

we need to use one of the 3..

Now when we use RFC and IDoc???

with RFC and IDoc u can't get the EOIO service....moreover before WAS 6.2 there was option other than RFC and Idoc...

But after WAS>=6.2 ..u can implement proxy.....

Using proxy u can get the EOIO service....

whenevr u need to deal with large amount of data ...it better go for proxy...

moreover u go with the blog as mentioned by mugdha ...ur concept will be clear....

regards

BILL

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BABU,

Only systems with SAP Web AS 6.40 or higher supports Proxy along with the IDoc and RFC.

Loading a table to R3 can be done either with R/3 or proxy but with RFC it involves the Adapter Engine in to picture but in case of proxy it directly communicates with the IS. So when a huge amount of data are to be transfered we can prefer to have the Proxy.

Regards

San

there is a Way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

When there is a huge amount of data then proxy is very helpfull, because in that situation RFC will not work as proxy can work (performance wise).

Regards,

Sarvesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Proxy provides adapterless communication. So the message is sent directly to the Integration Engine in case of proxy. RFC adapter resides on java stack. So the processing time frm adapter engine to integration engine and then back to adapter engine will b avoided in proxy

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

This blog will satisfy your Query

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems