cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transporting a ABAP query

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i wana export a query from one client to another. then change it and again import the new one.

Please guide me 4 that. As i wil b exporting from production, matter is sensitive. so please provide me the detailed description.

thx in advance. will appreciate the help

-Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have attached an example of transporting query.Still to answer u in detail

Take a look at OSS note 672784.

You can transport queries between systems in SQ02 (hit the lorry button) or run program RSAQR3TR.

You download the infosets, queries etc into a file and load them into whichever system you wish.

Just wanted to share my experience of transporting queries:

I needed to move a user group, 2 infosets and 3 queries from a 4.6 system to a 4.7 system.

When I tried doing this via the SQ* transactions I did not get the import/export option, so instead ran RSAQR3TR.

Step 1. Run RSAQR3TR in 'old' system. Select EXPORT and specify the objects to be transported.

(System includes these in an automatically created transport request)

Step 2. Release this transport and request it be transported to 'new' system.

(This results in the entries being populated in transport table AQTDB in 'new' system).

Step 3. Run RSAQR3TR in 'new' system. Select IMPORT and tick the Overwrite checkbox. Specify the transport number in the field labelled 'dataset with imports'.

(RSAQR3TR gives the message that stuff has been imported OK).

Step 4. In my example I still couldn't find the queries, so ran RSAQR3TR one more time, this time specifying 'Copy Standard Area -> Global Area'.

REgards,

Sarosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am afraid, Queries cannot be transported. You have to create the Query in each client separately.

Thanks & Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kaustuv, thx 4 da reply. i knw that queries cant be transferred frm 1 client to other by generating requests n transporting them. but query import/export option is thr. with that u can export n imort them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

Thanks for sharing the Info.

I would like to know more about exporting Queries.

I am using 4.6c version, in which I didnt come across such functionality.

Are you using a higher version ? Which version ?

would be glad if someone can share more inputs on this.

Ravi,

Thanks for the useful information shared.

Thanks and regards

Message was edited by:

KAUSTUV BASU