cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Idoc --> One Logical System ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Right now i'm developed 6 interface using idoc (6 different business process). Do we need create logical system for each interface? Or just only one logical system? If we have success create this interfaces, how to transport this setting (logical system,rfc destination) to production system ? Thank you.

Regards,

Satria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, what i meant is i have 6 interfaces like these :

1. Purchase Order using interface inbound <-- XI <-- Oracle

2. Good Receipt using interface outbound --> XI --> Oracle

3 ...

6 ..

I don't still understand concept from logical system. In example tutorial that i found here, it's only create one logical system for outbound processing. When we create another interface, do we need create another logical system or not (using previous logical system) ? Thank you

Regards,

Satria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Creating Logical system....in real time senario if ur sending data to different Legacy system ie different vendors then we will create different logical systems.

and that logical systems have to assign to Business system in SLD.

we can use one logical system if ur system is one,if not better to use different logical sytems created in SALE.

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi phani,

Based on your explanation, I infer create one logical system because only one version SAP R/3 (ECC 6.0) that communicate with Oracle which is one version too (Oracle ver X). Is my deduction right? So the amount of IDoc that we used isn't affect how many logical system that we used ? Thank you.

Regards,

Satria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satria,

<b>In R/3:</b>

1. Logical System are careated only once. If there is a requirement then only they will be created by using tcode <b>SALE</b> (it's not so frequent).

2. You can see all logical system by using Tcode "<b>BD54</b>".

<b>Note:</b> In <b>DEV,</b> <b>QA</b> or <b>PROD</b> system, you will not be having authorization to create any logical system.

So, while doing outbound processing you can reuse the same logical system.

If still you have any doubt, kindly let me know.

Kindly set the thread to "Answered", once you get your final ans.

Regards,

Sarvesh

*****Reward points, if found helpfull.

Message was edited by:

Sarvesh Singh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Is my deduction right?</i>

Yes. If u have idocs from client and same R3 system, then only 1 logical system is required

<i>

So the amount of IDoc that we used isn't affect how many logical system that we used ?</i>

Correct

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, so i can conclude logical system that used for inbound and outbound is same ?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If both inbound and outbound sides u have R3 and same client then only same logical system. For any 2 separate systems, the logical system name ll always remain different

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>and that logical systems have to assign to Business system in SLD.

hi,

I was jus reading the thread and got lil confuse by phani kr.

isn't logical system and Business system are d same. Kindly correct me if m wrong.

I feel u mean to say logical system have to assign to Technical system.

Regards

Rookie.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you plz send your requiremet in brief ? I not able to understand what exactly you want.

Regard,

Sarvesh