cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File adapter : Alert are possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

i had a Scenario of <u>file to jdbc</u>.I am using FCC(content conversion ) at sender file adapter.

<b>if the file is not having proper text field,or if its's blank file...

i want to generate an alert..</b>

while testing with a blank file , my file sender adapter is giving the error but their are no alert...

even in alert rule , i had specified file adapter ,Sender/Receive interface also

Rsalerttest : working properly.

Rsalertdisp : no dump for sender file adapter error

<u>for mapping error my other alert rule are woking and generating the alert sucessfully</u>.. for the same interface

any guess where could be the error..

Regards

Ajay Pant

null

Message was edited by:

ajay pant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

For alert configuration see the belowlinks,.But in your case if the send message having the empty fields, we can handle this in FCC parameters

xml.fieldoptional = yes

Parameter NameA.fieldFixedLengths defined.

&#9675; If the inbound structure contains more fields than in NameA.fieldNames or NameA.fieldFixedLengths the conversion is executed.

Additional fields in the structure are ignored.

&#9675; If the inbound structure contains less fields than specified in NameA.fieldNames, conversion is terminated with an error message.

If the last field only is shorter than defined or is missing completely, the conversion is executed. The contents of the last field are then applied to the XML element as found. Consequently, the value can be incomplete or empty.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

for CCMS

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2005/12/23/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part--1 -- ccms alerts - 1

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2005/12/24/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part-2 -- ccms alerts -- 2

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2006/02/20/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part-3 -- ccms alerts --- 3

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

THX Chandra Sekhar

BUT in my case 1. all Source txt field are mandatory.

2 <b>Why no alert for Sender FCC adapter error.?</b>

<b>the requirment is to have an alert if , source file is not picked, due invalid txt content,( as per FCC parameters)</b>

in my Sender FCC , i am using fixedfieldLength,

<b>BUT i do'nt have to use lastfield optional, or missing fields.</b>

THx

Ajay Pant

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anyone could just tell me.................

<b>ALERT are possible with Sender File adapter errors or not....?</b>Regards

AP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is better to handle in mapping itself.

you can check the source field value , and if it is invalid or empty for respective field (which is mandatory) . then you can raise an alert form an UDF in mapping itself.

see the below link

Triggering XI Alerts from a User Defined Function - /people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

Alerts with variables from the messages payload (XI) - UPDATED - /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you able to see the alerts in ALRTDISP? You can test them using the pgm RSALERTTEST..I hope it helps..

have a look at this Blog also

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

and this thread

Thanks !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL

i had mentioned that RSALERTTEST is working properly.

and my Alert rule of :INTEGRATION SERVER: MAPPING ERROR is working sucessfully for the same interface.

the issue is with Sender File Adapter.

Regards,

Ajay Pant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Just chek the Alert Rules in the Alert Configuration.

check t-code = ALRTDISP of the alerts.

<b>

Thanks</b>

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq

i had mentioned RSALERTDISP : no dump for sender file adapter error.

only mapping error dump are there..

<b>my question is for FCC at sender file adapter ALERT will work or not..?</b>

Regards'

Ajay Pant

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has to work...this will be File Adapter Error. So if anything worng happen in the Receiver File adapter it has to throw an alert...if it is not working then u have to look on the Alert Rules.

Thanks

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ALL

<b>File > XI> JDBC</b>

i am using SENDER File Adapter with FCC.

I am able to genearte alert mails for any error,leke <u>mapping etc</u>

<b>But NO alert for Sender File Adapter Error.</b>

Regards

Ajay Pant

THX

AP

Message was edited by:

ajay pant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Alerts work for sender file adapter. Provided you have defined Alert Rule in RWB and also Alert Category in alrtcatdef.

Alert will not be raise if the file adapter encounters a empty file.

Alert will be raised if the file adapter can not convert the source text file to XML..ie as u say FCC.

Regards,

Sumit

Message was edited by:

Sumit Khetawat

Former Member
0 Kudos

THX Sumit for correctly reading my thread..

U got my point...exactly

in case even ....

<u>1.i locked the Sorce file directory/folder( no authorization to read the file).</u>

their is no alert for this also...

<u>BUT for a case receiver file adapter this works...</u>

i think my problem is associated with :SAP Note :974676

Regards

AP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Even i had noticed the same in one of my earlier projects. Even if i created a generic rule ie for all adapters.. Alerts were not raised in some cases.. dont remember exactly which ones..

but iam sure that in case of XML conversion error ..alerts are raised ..

also for connection related error..alerts are raised.. like not able to connect using FTP..

>>>1.i locked the Sorce file directory/folder( no authorization to read the file).

Do you see error in Comm Channel Monitoring..If theres error then alert should be raised.. ie. if you created generic alert rules..

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Case the source directory is locked , i got the following message :

<b>Error: Processing interrupted due to error: java.lang.NullPointerException</b>

Different from what we use to get in case of receiver file adapter.( for locked target directry).

still no alerts...

rules, i tried for all the options........

thx for u r valuable suggestions.

Regards

AP

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well the alerts should be triggered. One last attempt - is to try with Incorrect Content Conversion - and if they still dont then OSS with SAP if that is one option.

Alerts are always a tricky issue

Regards

Bhavesh

PS: Which SP pack are you on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks BHAVESH

we had <b>2004 SP15</b>, and we going for solution mentioned in SAP Note :974676.

Hope it works...

Thanks & Regards to ALL.

AJAY PANT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Alert should generate for the FCC error :

Error: Conversion of complete file content to XML format failed around position 0: Exception: ERROR converting document line no. 9 according to structure 'ROOT':java.lang.Exception: Consistency error: field(s) missing - specify 'lastFieldsOptional' parameter to allow this

i had used FCC parameters :

NODE.fieldFixedLengths

NODE.fieldNames

NODE.processFieldNames

Regards

AP