cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from SP Stack 13 to 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We upgrade our production system from SP stack 13 to Stack 16, we run the SGEN after up gradation of stack, the whole process is completed successfully, but some of the screens are changed after up gradation.

For example, in T code F-02 the cost center option is appear after the upgrade.

Is up gradation cause any inconsistency in the system, if yes how I revert back the system to original i.e. SP stack 13 level?

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Support packs bring improvements, changes and updates... basically you shoulded have done this first in DEV and test, QA and extensive test, and the PRD...

I don't believe the upgrade has caused inconsistencies... simple seems like it brought changes that you didn't check on your DEV and QA systems...

As per reverting to Stack 13.. is simply not possible without a DB restore.

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for reply,

We upgrade this within 2 days on DEV, QA & PRD. We are aware that we have to perform testing in DEV & QAS.

However, we are not facing any critical problems till now. If such problems are raise how can I use the option DB restore?

Thanks for your coordination

Regards,

Rajesh

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Usually for an stack update you should schedule a full test including all funtional areas to ensure that all your critical transactions work the way they should... this is usually done im more that 2 days, i'll say even 2 months.... anyhow...

I'll put your ABAP developers to correct the and test the problem in DEV, QA... ASAP!

DB restore is always your last resourse at your PRD system... and i presume your system is been use at the moment, i think your best shot is wait until the corrections are in place in QA and then just transport them into PRD.

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful