cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change in field length

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii all

in my P.O. printing in have field for quntity which is EKPO-MENGE its field length is 13 but due to this my form allingment is going wron is der any way by which i can used user define length for this field?

its urgent

suitable point will be rewarded

thanks n regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quantity field length is 13 before reducing just confirm whether its always suits

your reducing length

if its have leading zeros then remove those &EKPO-MENGE(Z)

else

check entire row what are lenghts of those coloums and positions in the table/tablelines

or reduce the font of paragraph format or allign every column that fits to your requirement

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can do this if the length can be reduced

&ekpo-menge(10)&

Thanks,

Nethaji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav

Before u display the quantity try to condense the variable so that it will definetily fit

condense it as following

&EKPO-MENGE(C)&

If u r using Smart Forms create a program line before it is displayed and call the Funtion Module conversion_exit_alpha_output .

Reward points if solved u r prob.

Pavan

former_member189629
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

I'd suggest u do the alignments according to the field lengths. The quantity will rarely have all 13 characters but u better consider all field lengths while displaying them. BTW Wats going wrong with the display. Cud u be clear?

Former Member
0 Kudos

due to this field my next field printing goes to second line. which i dont want. i want all data to be printed in single line

former_member189629
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

Check field lengths of all fields in that line. If needed, reduce the font size or increase the line size to accomodate all in 1 line

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Try to reduce the font then.

Regards,

Atish

Former Member
0 Kudos

i already reduce the font size to accomodate all fields but that quntity field doenst alline wiht its header

former_member189629
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What's the line length u r displaying. Is it long enough to accomodate all fields? if not try increasing it... Or reduce the font size to a smaller size that u did...