cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting a reply back from a BAPI call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all;

I am trying to call a BAPI from xMII which has its input parameter as from and to dates.I passed in the dates in format DDMMYYYY but am unable to get a reply back from BAPI.

Same thing is working when i execute the BAPI with the same parameter in R/3 system.

Please help.

Mudit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mudit

Did u hv tried with the help of built-in function <b>datefromxmlformat( <InputDate>, <dateformat> )</b>

Regards

Som

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Som;

Thanx for reply.

Hope i am correct

<InputDate> means the input parameter being passed

<dateformat> means DDMMYYYY( what to pass in this)

Mudit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mudit

Did u hv tried with the help of built-in function datefromxmlformat( <InputDate>, "yyyyMMdd" )

Or pls copy paste here the full function with arguments wat u hv tried.

Regards

Som

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can it be in format

datefromxmlformat( Transaction.ToDate,"ddmmyyyy" )

Mudit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mudit

Nope, the format "ddmmyyyy" is not valid as date format bcoz here 'mm' stands for minutes, not Month. So for month use 'MM' thatz <b>datefromxmlformat( Transaction.ToDate,"ddMMyyyy" )</b>

Regards

Som

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ;

I tried this but still no reply from BAPI.

Mudit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mudit

It is not possible to give much suggestions if u give no detailed error.

Tell me wat u hv tried in BLS for calling BLS including passing DateTime from the starting point step by step.

Also pls use Action <b>Tracer</b> just after SAP JCO Interface where u call BAPI and link the message with <b>SAPJCOInterface_0.LastErrorMessage</b>

Regards

Som

Former Member
0 Kudos

My sequence of actions are as follows

IlluminatorDocument(With one string param defined)

SAPJCOInterface(With BAPI call and input param passed in date format)

IlluminatorRow(Reply from bapi mapped to output param)

Assignment

Mudit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mudit

Did u hv defined Transaction Input parameter with Data Type DateTime which is used to be passed to BAPI request item.

Pls do check the LastErrorMessage using Tracer (see the tracer logs after hitting F5/F6)

IlluminatorDocument(With one string param defined)

SAPJCOInterface(With BAPI call and input param passed in date format)

<b>Tracer (LastErrorMessage mapped to the mesage) </b>

IlluminatorRow(Reply from bapi mapped to output param)

Assignment

One thing more, y r u not using Repeater action which is used to loop the response from BAPI call and within the loop, use Row action to append the response item the XML Document defined in the first sequence. (Hope, u remember my that guided doc in some prvious thread posted to u where full guide with steps are provided)

Regards

Som

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Som;

I tried this but nothing getting updated in the tracer.

Mudit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mudit

Better if u make a document the whole BLS process that u hv done with snapshots and upload this with a link and give me. so that i can trace out wat u hv made misleading.

U r expected to spend labour a bit for making the document.

Regards

Som

abesh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

AFAIK the BAPI expects date in the format of YYYYMMDD

Try This :

(Synchronised your and Som's code )

<b>datefromxmlformat( Transaction.ToDate,"yyyyMMdd" )</b>

Regards

Abesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

Tried this as well no reply still.

Mudit

0 Kudos

If the Response XML is completely empty, all nodes are null, then the issue is that your user doesn't have permissions to remotely execute this BAPI call. Hope this helps.

-Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are passing the dates to the BL transactions as DDMMYYYY. Please note that this is not the XML format so using a datefromxml will not work but rather a datetoxmlformat will.

Always pass an XML formatted date to BAPI. It never fails.

Also in your transaction , when it fails ,map your tracer to the BAPI response RETURN table's (or structure, whatever the case may be) node called MESSAGE to get back the actual error from the BAPI.

Before trying this make sure of the permissions as Sam suggests.

Answers (0)