cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoking a Remote function module for every 5days

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How to invoke a remote function module in R/3 from XI for every 5days?

After invoking tht i need to post data to a FTP server! Could any one tell me how to achive this

Thnx

RAMS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you can do for the scheduling.

Refer to my answer for detailed description

Thanks

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can do it in the following ways

- With Abap proxies , as explained above , create a proxy as per your requirement and write a abap program and schedule it accordingly.

- Another way also if you are using sender side RFC adapter , and if you are using sp19 ,then i think we have channel scheduling , do it accordingly.. check it.

also see

/people/william.li/blog/2007/05/04/control-communication-channels-externally-without-using-rwb

Chilla

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RAMS,

U can achieve this by scheduling the job to run every 5 days in SM37.

Regards

San

there is a Way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I am telling what i have done for this scenario.

IR Part

I created data type , messge type, message interface for inbound FTP

I imported the the RFC and, did message mapping and interface mapping. I didnt create message type and message interace for RFC as those are not needed. Am i correct upto this.

in SM57, i created a TCP/IP type of RFC Destination and a port.

Could you tell me am i in right track! What else is needed in IR part? and how to test this scenario,

Plz ignore ID part, It is easy for me, i can do it. if not i will post a question.

Thnx

RAMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You dont require any port for sender RFC scenario. All you need is one RFC destination of type TCP/IP in transaction sm59. The program id you specify in the destination should match the one you specify in RFC sender channel. The rest of the configuration is like any other scenario.

Regards,

Sudheer.

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

If your scenario is R3 -- > XI -- > FILE .

My suggestion is to go for ABAP Client proxies. It is fast and we can move huge data .

1. Generate abap proxy from Outbound interface from R3system .

2. Write ABAP report , call RFC , fill TABLE structure of abap and send to XI ( IS) . then according to the Receiver determination . It will create flate file .

3. Schedule report once in 5 days .

Please refer how to work with abap client proxy and steps to activae

How do you activate ABAP Proxies?

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

ABAP Proxy Runtime

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/02/265c3cf311070ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

ABAP CLIENT PROXY

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1387proxies [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] .

• Assign points if u found helpful

Regards.,

V.Rangarajan

Message was edited by:

ranga rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranga Rajan,

Thank you very much for your answer

Why we need to generate abap proxy from R3 system.? Could you please explain me in detail? What type of ABAP Proxy needed for this scenario.

What i have with me is , I have one function module readyly available, It will collect data from R3 and that data shold be posted to File via XI

am i clear! Please let me know if you need more info.

Thnx

RAMS

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RAMS ,

<i> Why we need to generate abap proxy from R3 system.? Could you please explain me in detail? What type of ABAP Proxy needed for this scenario</i>.

If you go for abap proxies , It is directly interacting with Integration server . So, No Sender Adapter . No Sender Agreement needed .

Just you configure the receiver agreement and rever coomuncation channel (in your case File adapter )

So, it is fast and we can upload huge data also .

<i>What type of ABAP Proxy needed for this scenario.</i>

Client Proxies. Once you have designed your scenario in XI . Just come to r3 system . Use tcode SPROXY . All your interface will be listed down . Just click on the Outbound interface form your namespace .Click create . Done proxy generated.

This is an Asynchronous scenario. Just call This proxy inside the Report and fille the structure .Done. Execute the report . Data will fly

Please refer the links which i have referred earlier .

• Please assign points if helpful

Regards.,

V.Rangarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your scenario is RFC in the R/3 should send the data to XI once in five days. The best way is to schedule a job that will trigger this RFC once in every five days and configure RFC to File scenario in XI. The job in R/3 triggers the RFC and RFC sends the data to XI which inturn writes it to a file. Hope i am clear.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RAMS,

<b>Why we need to generate abap proxy from R3 system.? Could you please explain me in detail? .</b>>>

U have to write a report program which will trigger the proxy...the proxy inturn will call ur Function module.

see the advantage of using proxy here is ..u can scedule the report as ur need.But using RFC i dont think u can.... u can do it using sm37 transaction...

Also see

Advantage of Proxy over RFC, IDOC

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

<b>What type of ABAP Proxy needed for this scenario</b>

u have to implement Client proxy...

To do ur scenarion follow this blog...enough....

ABAP Proxy to file

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

regards

BILL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i understood your question correctly it is a RFC->XI->File scenario. The RFC has to be triggered in R/3 once in five days and the data has to be posted in a file. To run RFC once in a five days i think you can schedule a job in R/3. If this is not the requirement, please elaborate your question.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer, I am very much happy for your quick answer! Thanks alot!

yes, you are exaclty correct, Can XI Trigger a remote enabled functions module in R3 for every 5 days??

Can we schedule a job in R3 for triggering a Remote enabled function module?

My requiremnt is , XI should trigger a remote function module in R3 and get the data form R3 and post that data to FTP for every 5 days!

I hope, i am clear! Let me know if you need any further info.

Thnx

RAMS