cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking BW report outputs with VC story board output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have a scenario where I have display list of report names in VC output screen and I have to link these texts with few BW report outputs.

This can be achieved in WAD using HTML coding by linking the report's URL, how can we do the same in VC. My customer wants in such a way that the report has to open in a different window in VC.

I checked even in SDN where I didnt find the exact answer.

Can any one help me out to achieve task.

Regards,

Chan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra

You can integrate Web Templates in your VC application.

this link may be helpful

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ad182ac7-0a01-0010-4fb8-8a4...

You can use an html view for displaying WAD Templates in VC then you can use dynamic URLs for navigating resp. communication with your WAD Template (have a look into the WEB API reference).

Regards

Pradeep P N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Pradeep. I will check the link.

Points awarded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep,

I have checked the document which u have suggested me, it is really helpful. But still i need some specefic inputs.

My client has already developed these dashboards in WAD but now they want everything in VC. Here no interference of WAD.

Let me explain you what I exactly want ...

In VC output screen I want to display the list of report names ( Hard coded ), when I click on these reports (I mean text eg: sales analysis), it has to take me to the sales analysis report output in a different window or may be in same window.

Now displaying this text and linking it with the Query designer report output is my confusion. Can u guide me to achieve this. (Here, No interference of WAD)

Regards,

Chan

former_member209575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi chandra ...

u can use layers here.. Put the first report in one layer, and detailed view in other layer , while cliking on the each row u can see the detailed report of that one. for that u need to take the output of the first query as the input for the next query.

if all report names are hard coded, using that name u can control the visibility of the reports using ur hard coded names like while clicking on each report pass some specific values, and depending on that values u can controll the visibility

Regards

Pradeep P N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

As u mentioned, my need was achieved by using layers.

I got more idea about how to navigate using the layers.

Thanx for ur input.

Regards,

Chan