cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In a table, how do we activate the page break for two line types?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 2 line types under a table in smartforms of SAP 4.6C version. When I run the program everything goes fine except for the page protection.

<b>Few things to remember are: 1) Its in SAP 4.6C version

2) This is a table with Grid lines (pattern) we need those lines which are not possible in other way I guess (ex: loop, complex section).

3) I have checked page protection while defining line types in table.</b>

So, for some records we get the linetype1 in one page and linetype2 in another page. The linetype1 has got only one number to display so its getting displayed even it finds a small space in the first page and type2 in second page.

Can anyone help me out to solve this problem please? Please ans this if u have time I am running out of time. thanks

Ans will be rewarded.

Thanks very much

Sree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just understand that there is a limitation in 4.6 for pagebreak. its not possible to have both the fullfledged pagebreak and grid lines in the output.

so convinced the client.

thanks for your help

regards.

sri

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

to activate page break, place command inside your table of smartform and place your condition in your command... tick the check box goto next page and give the next page number.

Regards,

SaiRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I mentioned earlier this is 4.6C and Table. So goto new page does not work in Table. even the page protection under Folder also grayed out as we are using Tables.

Can anyone ans this please.

OR

is there any way we can explicitly give PAGE-BREAK ?

Thanks very much

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Page protection will not work in a table. That is correct... 4.6 or 6.0

If you want to do this . You will have to use a loop.

And put a page break command inside the loop.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any other way to do so. Because in loop we cannot get the grid lines.

I want to see the grid lines as well as page protection. I can declare a single line type if I do not the grid lines.

any clue please ?

thanks

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

If youre sure that the data in the boxes will not overflow the length. You could use a template. You can have the grid lines in a template too. then you can use a loop.

where page protection is allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nehal,

Thanks very much for your time and resp.

The page protection DOES NOT work even with the Template node. I am trying to create that to make sure and found its getting disabled as soon as I insert Template in the loop.

Regards

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

My apologies Reddy,

I just checked and youre right.

If grid lines are that important.

Maybe you could try the frame lines around the text element. In the output Options of the text element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmm, that seems something new which i havent tried.

I just tried it and understand that wont work as I have 4 cells in line type2. I dunno what to do with this.

Thanks for your time.

Regards

SreeReddy