cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOIO service on Receiver FTP/File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where I would like the sender adapter to be quality of service, EO (Exactly Once), and the receiver ftp/file adapter to be of quality of service, EOIO (Exactly Once in Order). Is there a way to change the quality of service on the receiver adapter only so that it differs from the sender adapter?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Duke

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls check this one

/people/community.user/blog/2006/11/04/how-to-serialize-idoc-xml-messages-fed-into-xi

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/13b942f14d29efe10000000a114a6b/content.htm

regards,

pratibha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Duke,

As per my knowledge there is no restriction in XI which says that both sender and receiver adapter should follow the same Qos.Depending on your requirement you can select EO or EOIO.

Thanks,

Lekshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason we would like to have QOS as EO on the sender side is for performance reasons. On the receiver side, we are appending to a file on an ftp server and would like to have QOS as EOIO so that there are no file locking issues when more than one message tries to write to the same file. When there are file locking issues the message errors and tries X number of times (based on configuration setting) and eventually becomes successful, but we would like to avoid this due to the time sensitivity of the interface.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Duke ,

One option write a adapter module that changes the QOS from EO to EOIO. This can be called in the receiver file adapter and this can change the QOS and provide the QueueName in which the file is to be processed.

Regards

Bhavesh

PS: Have not tried this though. I have seen similar QOS change done on the sender adapter modules though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately changing the QoS in the adapter module does not solve the issue. The message appears to be put into the queue prior to the module being called. Below is the audit log.

2007-10-26 09:58:30 Success Using connection AFW. Trying to put the message into the receive queue.

2007-10-26 09:58:30 Success Message successfully put into the queue.

2007-10-26 09:58:30 Success The message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue.

2007-10-26 09:58:30 Success The message status set to DLNG.

2007-10-26 09:58:30 Success Delivering to channel: XXXXXXX

2007-10-26 09:58:30 Success ChangeQoS: Module called

2007-10-26 09:58:30 Success File adapter receiver: processing started; QoS required: ExactlyOnceInOrder

As you can see the QoS has been changed to EOIO from the adapter module, but the message is still in Qos EO.

Am I missing something or is there another way this can be achieved? Can we do this in the mapping somehow before it ever gets to the AFW?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Duke

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is actual rek.

Y cant you have EOIO on the sender side?

reg