cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create solution for each system Landscape?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using Solution Manager 4.0.

We have created one solution and all of our ECC 6.0 systems with in ECC landscape have been already integrated with that existing 'Solution'..

Now, we are implementing BI 7.0 system.Since this is seperate landscape

would it be better if i created another solution and integrate all BI systems with

that?

I thought of taking your opinion before i implement that.

Thanks,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes thats would be fine. Create a new solution for your BI landscape. Other option I have seen is Create a solution for Production Systems , one dor QA and One for dev. But here as you already have solution for ECC and all the systems are added ( ECC PRD , QA DEV ) I would say create a new solution for your BI landscape.

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prince,

Thanks for your reply.

I am just curious to know ,which method is better off?

1.Group systems by role (Eg, one solution all Dev Systems)

2.Group systems by their functionality(Eg,One solution for all ECC systems)

Thx

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think its all about your preference.. Personally I prefer system by role coz I am more concerned about my production systems compared to other systems and I can see them all under once solution

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you group them by system type, how do you classify the Leading Role of your Solution?

You have to assign, Dev, Test, Prd, etc to the leading role of your solution, other systems in the logical component that do not have the same classification that the solution is assigned wont show up.

edit -

Once you have an active solution you can edit your solution settings and add other systems to your solution even if the leading role of your solution differs from one of the systems of your logical component. You can simply add a system by adding the logical component that it is defined in, then right click on the system and click "add to solution".

Edited by: David Labuda

Answers (0)