cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation Management ( TM) in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Hope somebody could shed some light here. Below are the few business scenarios for which we tring to implement the solution in TM.

We are trying to implement TM in ECC 5.0, and with the intension of accomplishing the following key functionalities. Would like to get you experts feedbacks. Looking for your valuable inputs. We are NOTplanning to implement APO at this time.

Shipment planning & optimization- Is this better in APO ( TP/VS) or TM? Can we go to a top down approach using APO later after implementing TM?

We like to optimize outbound shipments by selecting a carrier based on cost OR predefined routing guidelines.

Rating Engine- or Rate Repository- We are trying to use this functionality to rate & cost what if and actual outbound shipments for all modes and tariffs on file.

Tracking shipments

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please understand the difference

APO- TP/VS - It is a planning tool where your SO,PO Deliveries created in R/3 are CIF to APO & the optimized based upon cost

R/3 - TM is execution tool for the shipments released from APO. You can not run any optimizer in r/3. The best you can do is set user profile in Vt06 based upon various selection parameters to club the shipments.

If find useful then Reward

Manish A Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Do you have any process flow dia you could share?

Are you saying that we can't do any planning & optimization in TM ,but only execution?

Can I rate & cost what if and actual outbound shipments for all modes and tariffs on file within TM? Do I have to have a rate repository in BW to do this with TM? or Is the best place in APO?

Thanks

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saj,

I would suggest you to go throgh complete documentation on below link and check the possibility...

help.sap.com-best practices-baseline packages-based on ECC6.0 IN that search G/82...Down load all 3-4 atatchmnet and go thru the same..

REWARD IF U FINDS THIS AS USEFUL...

Regds

MM