Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table authorization group SE54

Former Member
0 Kudos

fellows,

i created new authorization group in SE54 and assigned some tables to new auth. group. but now the business is asking me to reverse the whole thing, which means assign tables to auth. group assigned previously. but i dont remember previous auth. group. is there any i can find out that how it was before i made the changes? you help will be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

addition to that, all the systems have been refreshed so new changes have been applied in all the systems. help!

0 Kudos

Why should you, the table is fine in the new group. What is the reason for going back???

0 Kudos

because the new auth group affecting queries which were created with old auth group since a table can only be in one auth. group at a time. any suggestions to have both old and new auth group to be link with a same table? if that happens then it will resolve all the problems

0 Kudos

I'm afraid to say that you can only have 1 auth group per table.

0 Kudos

You can only do that by using the "negative list" approach - also previously known as "ranging" in R/3...

At least it checks something, but the user might have access to everything which you do not exclude in their authorizations or the code.

Chances are very good, that users will have many different ways to access tables directly. So depending on how disciplined you are about your security concept, it might well be that they will bypass transaction code restrictions, organizational logic (contents of the table fields) and other programmed authority-check or file system logic to access / download data if they are determined.

Most users do not knowingly deploy such tools or queries, but that is of course no reason not to protect business or legal critical data, and other data.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check in table TDDAT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sadiq,

Try either version management (SE80) or table logging (SCU3) to get the old table or entries back again.

But you will need to have activated that in advance, so if you are running on default settings, then most likely you will not find it there.

Perhaps the transport logs, or previous transport file (the one which made the previous assignment)?

If they were the SAP defaults, then just get the auth groups from another different default SAP system.

As Auke indicated, it is wise to involve the business in testing such changes in your test system.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you move all the changes to other system?