cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD ABAP performance tips and tricks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is any good approach to build WD applications so performance does not have to suffer. Do you know of any good documentation on this topic?

Thank you,

Georgy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c6/58e70398244a87a2c39e700bdae4a9/frameset.htm">documentation</a> by sap is good guidance

grtz,

Koen

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's great, Koen, thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anything else available out there?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Georgy,

From my experience, I follow some guidelines. These can be correct or not, but from my researches across SDN and other sources (help.sap.com and Ulli's book), it's proven to be good guidelines. Of course, I'll be presenting here only those tips related to WDA, not ABAP. Here they are:

1. Design your Context nodes carefully:

- Avoid non-Singleton nodes;

- Make your supply functions as simple as possible;

2. Controllers:

- If you use a component (such as ALV or MESSAGE_MANAGER) frequently, instantiate it at WDDOINIT and save it as a public attribute of the COMPONENTCONTROLLER. This way, whenever you need to call a method of the component, you can refer to wd_comp_controller->attribute->method.

3. Views:

- Instead of using dynamic programming to control properties of view elements (visibility, read-only, text, etc), use context attributes. This way, you can control, for instance, the visibility of an element in any method, not only inside WDDOMODIFYVIEW;

4. Methods:

- Use the WDA framework correctly: if you need to consist user entered data, use WDDOBEFOREACTION; if you need to control aspects of the view, use WDDOMODIFYVIEW;

- Learn the Phase Model better than the back of your hands

Well, that's some guidelines I use, and I'd like you to comment it also, or further expand this list.

Regards,

Andre