cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects Phases Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just to check if cProjects supports a practical lifecycle model where one is allowed to work on multiple phases at the same time. In other words, is it possible to configure the phases in such a way that it is not necessary to complete a predecessor phase before you can actually start working on the other.

And is it also possible for phase types that need approval ?

do let me know what kind of configuration needs to be done if you need to work on multiple phases (and tasks underneath) without completing the previous ones.

Thanks and kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys...

Just trying to complicate my simple question now:

What if there are 4 phases in a sequence (Called 3.1, 3.2,3.3 and 3.4).

Only 3.3 is of the type that needs approval. Others dont.

Can i work on:

A. 3.1, 3.2 and 3.4 before approving 3.3 ? (guess not)

B. 3.1, 3.2 simultaneously before approving 3.3 ?

C. Or even having a single phase for approval in project definition would restrict me from working on multiple phase simultaneously ?

Kind regds

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I guess option A should work, as far as none of the Phases in question have any predecessors. Logically it seems to be correct too. Just because a particular phase requires an approval, it is not a good approach to restrict the releases of the other phases which are independent and have no predecessors.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Taking by ur questions.

A. 3.1, 3.2 and 3.4 before approving 3.3 ? (guess not)

Ans:- U can work on 3.1 (Actually when u release the project first phase is released automatically)and release 3.2 simultaneously and start working on them.

But to 3.4 won,t be released ( and hence can not start work on it) because 3.3 is not approved and hence not completed.

Note:- Why u want to bypass the approval process because it then loose it sense.

B. 3.1, 3.2 simultaneously before approving 3.3 ?

Ans:- Yes but plz check the relationship between tasks.

C. Or even having a single phase for approval in project definition would restrict me from working on multiple phase simultaneously ?

Ans:- If your first phase req appoval then yes.

It will only affect those phases which comes after the phase which req approval.

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS VIVEK & ABHIJIT -

ISSUE CLOSED.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do not tick the phase for approval in IMG -> Structure-> phase type.

U can not then complete the phase without going through the approval cycle and also can not release the next phase.

If u want to work on multiple phase then release those phases( make sure that those phases are not tick for approval) and start working on it and task under those phases.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos