cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative Calculation Formula in Rebate Conditions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am implementing Retrospective Rebates in SD. I have created a rebate agreement type for a Customer as a copy of the standard type '003' (rebate to the Client). I have also created the corresponding rebate price condition types as copy of the standard rebate conditon types. I have added these conditions to all the relevant pricing and rebate elements.

In the pricing procedure I have met the following problem : The SAP standard does not allow assigning any Alternative Calculation Formula to any of the condition types for rebates in the pricing procedure. I could change the "Requirements" but the AltCTy field is grey.

That is very bad in my case as the client I want to give the rebate buys several products and the sells orders are created using several different units of measurement. I need to convert the value of the rebate conditions according to the units of measurement in the invoice (already when doing the retrospective price actualization via VBOF ).

Off course I could create another "sub-total" line in the procedure referencing the rebate condition and to do there the conversion....However that does not help as the rebate settlement will calculate the global rebate value using not that "sub total" line but the rebate condition type.

What can one do if one for example has a Rebate to a group of products and each product is sold in different units of measure ? The rebate condition record is created in one of those units, but how can I convert the cond. value to other units ?

Can anybody give some advice ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep, you were right. Somehow the S136 had returned to "no actualization" status, when I activated it again the AltCTy got open again. Thank you for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason you are unable to use formulas for rebate condition is because you are probably running old rebate procedure (see oss note no 105681).

Coming to your question: I hope I understand your requirement and to solve that you probably don't need any formula to convert unit of measures. If you have maintained your rebate condition record in let's say BOX and you are selling the material (on invoice) as EACH then if a conversion rate is maintained in the material master between EACH and BOX then the system should convert it anyways. You shouldn't have to do the conversion via a formula.

To maintain the conversion rate in material master go to MM02 and on basic data 1 tab click on additional data and then goto Unit of Measure tab to maintain conversion rate between EACH and BOX.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sandeep , I will check that note. I am not using the units conversion in the Material master data record. We use SAP for Mills Industries. Those industries requires a lot of flexibility in units conversion and that can be only be fulfiled calculating the conversion factors dinamically, not statically as in the Material Master Data. That is why even in pricing you need a lot of formulas to convert between units.