cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Description of Service Item default value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

in a service SC, on the item detail basic data, we want to change the default value of the field "Description of Service Item ". by default it is "Service Item" and we want to change it.

Where can I change it excepted in BADI BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI

thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which SRM version are you using ? What is your business requirement ? Do you want to change Service Item description value for every line item in the shopping cart OR

the permanent text displayed on the Left side on the HTML Template.. ?

<b>Incase you want to modify the HTML template Text, then it can be done using HTML Template modification.</b>

Using Transaction SE80, In the Internet Service - BBPSC01, you need to find the relevant HTML Template and make the required chnages to the Description there as per your business requirements.

All BBPSC* transaction are using the HTML sources of service BBPSC01.

So you have to modify template SAPLBBP_SC_UI_ITS_300 from service BBPSC01.

Make sure to publish the complete service on all defined sites so that changes can appear in all respective SRM Client systems.

Related links ->

Hope this will help. Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on SRM 5.0

in fact we want to force the user to fill this field but as the field is already filled witht the value "service item" i wanted to delete it and to check if the user has filled it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>First you need to identify this field in the BADI structures.. (in both BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI and BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI ).</b>

Using BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI, create your own custom active implementation for object type - BUS2121 (Shopping cart), and clear out the field contents using this BADI.

Then, using BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI, you can make this field mandatory (incase this field is not having any value, issue an error message... So that user has to enter some value in this field)

Therefore, incase user wants to complete the shopping cart and save it, the user is forced to enter some new value to this field..

Hope this will solve your problem easily. Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your answer but in BBBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI if i clear the value, if the user fill the field it will be clear no?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Take help of ABAP person here.

In the BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI, take a variable and set the flag to 'X', when the item is created in shopping cart for the first time... Then export the flag to memory.. Then in BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI, check whether the flag is set and field is empty or not.. if yes, issue a hard custom error message, else... you don't need to issue any message.. then once the user enters any value in this field, the flag is already set ... then you don't need to clear the new value here...

and your job is done..

(Else compare the old and new field values... if you find above approach diificult to implement)

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, it is very helpful but one more question.

How can i know that it is the first time that the item is created in BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can create a new custom field in the BADI structure (Refer OSS Note 458591 / 672960)..

In BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI implementation, put a IF... ENDIF condition..

populate this new custom field (say zzcustom_field_value) with value '1' or 'X', accordingly..

loop at et_item ...
IF this zzcustom_field_value is empty.... 
zzcustom_filed_value = 1.
 export variable to memoryid 'ztemp'.    .. 
ENDLOOP.
ENDIF...

condition... Or also you can declare/use a local variable and once the user make any changes to the shopping cart set the variable value to '1' and expoet the value to ABAP Memory (in this case)... next time, user makes any changes.. the field value is already set.. that means user is coming for the next time (not the 1st time)..

Hope this will definitely help.

<b>REMINDER: If you posted the question, please reward points for good answers*. Thanks.</b>

Regards

- Atul

Answers (0)