Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Audit logs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

I am trying to find out if it is at all possible to acess the information that is stored in the Audit logs directly from somewhere in a SAP table, is this information stored like this, in a table, or only in the audit logs?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

try trx SE30N or STAT or MONI

0 Kudos

must be ST03N sorry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ross,

I assume that you mean the SM20 logs (a.k.a. Security Audit Logs).

Depending on which release you are on, there are some reports you can use to access the audit logs using your own tools.

I am told that report RSAU_READ_EXTERNALS (or very similar name) is the delivered program for this to base your own tool on. It is a demo program.

Note that the user ID will need a special set of authorizations to be able to successfully read the logs from the various servers without causing program errors.

If you search SAP notes for "SM20 termination S_C_FUNCT", then there is a note which describes exactly which authorizations the user will require for reading the logs.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ross,

These are operating systems log files....created each day and the previous logs are not deleted or overwritten and can get very large, I'm talking 4.6,....depending on your filters that you set up using SM19.

use SM20 to read the log and export it from there.

to purge or delete this log use SM18...or you can use operating system archiving techniques to purge them as well.

Thanks

Raj