Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auth/auth_number_in_userbuffer

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning,

Looking for more info about the Auth/auth_number_in_userbuffer system parameter I have found that it is actually obsolete on my system (SAP ECC 6.0)

I found "Note 75908 - Authorizations missing after client copy" that explains that this user buffer is now stored in the database for performance reasons.

I know it is a table and logically it shouldn't have any limitation in size. Can someone confirm that is the case and when it comes to Authorisation Buffer Size there is no configuration to be done anymore?

Thank you

Corinne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Corinne, I agree with Juan, this parameter hasn't been used since version 4.6 (I think).

The buffer changes facilitated the theoretical instant update of a users authorisations (depending on auth/new_buffering) when changed by an admin, though occasionally they still have to log out & back in again.

If you are looking to assign users with a large number of authorisations, there is a maximum of around 300 roles (assuming 1 role = 1 profile) that can be assigned to the user master

Cheers

alex

corinne_lofts
Participant
0 Kudos

Juan, Alex,

Thank you both for the information

Regards

Corinne

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Corinne,

As far as i see, this paremeter is obsolete on versions above 700 (incl. ECC6)...as is obsolete no action need to be taken anymore. i don't think you'll find any limitations.

Regards

Juan