cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Web GUI in WDA without using EP(This is a must)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi WDA Gurus,

I am developing a WDA Application which has a table display of orders and contracts, I want to call VA02, VA03 and VA01 to manage this list from SAP, I am able to pass this as a URL in LinkToURL and open a new browser window. I am also able to open this in a new View which has IFrame UI element hosting my call and works fine. Now what I need is below.

I need these transactions to open in a new or same window as long as user cannot go back to previous window without canceling or finishing with current transaction (This is met be IFrame approach).

My Biggest problem is IFrame is deprecated (And will be totally obsolete soon) and I do not want to add another dependency of having EP as we are not using EP anywhere and do not want to add for one application. What I need is an alternative to IFrame other than using Iviews from EP.

I hope I am clear enough.....please let me know if further details are needed.

Your advice is appreciated and well regarded.

Warm Regards,

Anuj Nagpal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

As far as I know there is no other "automatic" way to achieve what you need. So ...

1. use the iFrame as long as it is supported and/or

2. check/track by coding in your WDA application that the user really has done his/her job using the transactions you mentioned in your question and do not allow the user to do anything than restarting these transactions until he/she has done his/her job.

Option 1 is easy and you are finished (at least for the moment); we also use iFrame

Option 2 is cumbersome but safely.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Volker