cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending data from R/3 to XI in real time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How do u send data from R3 to XI in real time??

out of 3 methods which method do we use frequently(exe prog,message cont,chan pointer).

Do we send master data to XI in real time at all??

How will the transaction data sent??,please explain.

thanks in advance

srinivas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I want send Idoc message,I dont want to use proxies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why, ABAP proxies are quicker ?

IDOCs involve conversion from IDOC format to SOAP message. ABAP proxies talk natively so no need for conversion.

Is there an underlying reason you have to use IDOCs ??

Cheers

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

if u want to send idocs, this is mostly typical asynchronous scenario. So it is not necceseryly to be a "real time" one. In addition, u can use IDoc collecting on r/3 side, so they do not need to be send independently.

What for business objects do you want to replicate?

Peter

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

whether to send data to XI or collect them in the source system and send them once all , depends on your business needs. There are situations, where this is needed instatly - for example synchronous scenario. User worx in one application and needs to receive information from another one - this is done "in real time". But if u want to use XI for some kind of data replication, u can do it for example just once a day.

>>which method of 3??

Depends on your needs. How would you use exe prog for r/3 data sending? It can't be done...

>>master data replication

well, master data are exactly the thing, which is not necesserily replicated in "real time". But it depends...

Please, place your problem in more detail.. These are very generic questions..

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are using R/3, I would suggest triggerring an XI message during the save processing of the transaction in a userexit.

I would also suggest using an ABAP proxy to send the information to XI.

Any questions, let me know.

Kind regards

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin

Can u tell me how to trigger an XI message during the save processing of the transaction in a userexit?

Please send some documents,if u have any.

regards

srinivas

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can see this blog: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

and this link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/67/6d0540ba5ee569e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards.