cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change default master client of Portal (ABAP+Java system)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I change property <b>ume.r3.connection.master.client</b> in Visual Administrator - <Server> - Services – UME Provider from 000 to my own client, then update & save the value & reboot the server. But when I log to Portal the system still use client 001.

The value is updated with new value when checking Visual Admin again.

I also restart SAP system but nothing helps.

I want the portal to use my own client, not 001.

Any idea to hep?

Thanks,

Toan Do

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very helpful answer, Mikhail

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

also check note <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/937323">937323</a>

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi, did you implement this steps?

Please execute the following steps in the given order.

• Perform a client copy as it is described in the installation guide. Make sure that you use client 001 as source client and profile SAP_UCUS ! Set the parameter "login/system_client" to the new client in the default profile. Check in the target client that all EP users and the j2ee_admin user exist after copy (transaction SU01).

• Change UME master: To do this start either the 'offlinecfgeditor' shell script or logon to the Visual Administrator with the j2ee_admin user and browse to the 'Configuration Adapter' service. Navigate to 'cluster_data -> server -> cfg -> services' and edit Propertysheet "com.sap.security.core.ume.service". Change Property "ume.r3.connection.master.client" to the new client. Save and restart the J2EE Engine.

Note: Changing the UME master in this way is only possible after a new installation ! For more information please refer to the documentation:

http://help.sap.com/ -> SAPNetWeaver -> SAPNetWeaver 2004s -> SAP NetWeaver by Key Capability (Administrators's Guide) -> Security -> Identity Management -> User Management Engine -> UME Configuration -> UME Data Sources -> Preconfigured Data Source Combinations -> SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP User Management as Data Source-> Changing the AS for ABAP Backend System .