cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

How and where can we get XML schema for PO and contracts in SRM? Please let me know, it is very urgent. Suitable points will be awarded for helpful answers.

Thanks

Kapil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Kapil,

You can download XML Schema from XI. You should import SRM XI contents to XI.

Do you have XI server ?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

Thanks for help. We don't have XI installed in our system yet. Is there any other way to get it? If you have XML schema for PO and contracts, can you please forward it to me on my mail- kapilarorahp@yahoo.com

It'll be a great help. I'll award full points to you

Regards

Kapil

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Kapil,

What is your SRM version ?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is SRM 5.0, support packagae-SAPKIBKT09.

Regards

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

How did you end up generating the XML schema (XSD) file based on the XML PO ?

cheers,

AD

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u><b>Customer enhancement texts in XML</b></u>

<u>In the SRM system, documents (such as the PO) may be sent as an XML document. In the standard system, the different documents support only a certain, fixed number of long texts in their XML interfaces. Accordingly, a customer enhancement text cannot be communicated using XML because there is no respective XML element in the standard system.

The solution for this is the XML enhancement concept of the XI. This provides the option of extending an existing XML interface with any number of elements, which means text elements. Using the XI enhancement concept, you can define a corresponding text element in an XML document interface for every customer enhancement text that you want to communicate using XML.

You can access the documentation for the enhancement concept as follows:

http://service.sap.com/xi -> Media Library -> Documentation -> SAP XI 3.0 - Customer developments/modif in Integration Rep

You must create a connection between the XML text elements that were added using the XI enhancement concept and the SRM customer enhancement texts so that mapping can be carried out in the XML inbound and outbound of the SRM server. This mapping information is maintained in the IMG activity 'Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Determine XML communication of customer enhancement texts'. You can maintain the text type of the customer enhancement text and the respective XML element proxy here for a transaction type and the respective XML interface. The following is the generated ABAP representation of the XML text element.</u>

Example:
Trans Type | XML message   | ID   | XML proxy element
--------------------------------------------------------------------
ECPO | PurchaseOrderRequest_Out | ZCUS   | ZCUSTOMERTEXT

Which SRM version are you using ?

<b>Please go through the following SAP OSS Notes for more details -></b>

Note 830705 - SRM: XML communication of customer enhancement texts

Note 833749 XML schema correction of the 'GroupID' data type

Note 831166 XML schema correction of the 'TypeCode' data type

<b>Hope this will definitely help.</b>

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thanks for your reply. These notes are related to XML correction. I need to find out the way to export XML Schema from SRM.

Regards

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For sending xml document, you need an adapter. It can be a business connector, XI or third party product (Only XI is supported by sap ).

For receiving document, better to have an adapter too for security reason but you could use the was. i mean the web application server innclude in SRM.

<u>Related links to go through as well -></u>

/thread/295951 [original link is broken]

/people/sap.user72/blog/2003/09/18/xsl-and-abap

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

It did not really help me to resolve my issue but I have awarded you points. Please let me know if you can provide me some more infrormation on it.

Regards

Kapil

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

www.cxml.org - has most industry standard message types available.