cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment after CTM or SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus:

We perform CTM run based a prioritized demand. For example: Fulfill sales order first then safty stock request. So, after CTM, system will try to fulfill sales order first and generate related SNP PR.

If we wanna use deployment when there is a supply shortage. But we wanna deployment stock transfer order to fulfill sales order first, not evenly distributed based on fair share rule.

Ex:

Required Qty of Destination Loc--

LOC A 100PC(Sales order) LOC B 100PC(Safety stock)

Supply Qty of Source Loc--

LOC C 50PC

Is this possible to let system generate a deployment order 50 PC to LOC A only because it's sales order request. Not evenlt distributed 50 to LOC A and 50 to LOCB. Is this possible in SAP APO?

Thanks Anyway!

Scott Chen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

My requirement strategy is "20 Planning with final assembly" for the product in the destination location. Does this affect something?

Thanks in advice,

Scott Chen

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well. not really. I was just wondering that if you want to do deployment for sales order driven demands, you may have to do some lite development. The way I would envision your requirement can be done is using the Forecast Horizon field in SNP 2 tab of Location Product. You can set it to a specific value, say 2 months. You may then then run CTM and deployment (in regenerative mode) subsequently.

Then programmatically remove the forecast horizon, run CTM and deployment (both in net-change mode) subsequently. This will ensure that the first pass of CTM and deployment does take care of sales order driven demands first. The second pass will try to plan for other kind of demands if supply is still available. Let me know how it works.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. That is not possible. Deployment does not look at what drove the receipts at destination location. In fact deployment looks only at distribution demand coming in at source location. It does not even look at demand picture (the mix or magnitude etc ) at destination.

Which requirement strategy are you using for products at destination location?