cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete a datasource config file Java AS?

PaulHodgdon
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to upload a new copy of a datasource config file in the config tool but it says that it already exists. This is a custom config file and I changed some things so I guess I need to delete the old one in order to load the changes. How do you delete (or overwrite) UME datasource .xml config files?

Thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

As Michael mentioned you don't delete / overwirte the datasource file, create a new file with a different name, upload it and then do the switch.

Regards

Juan

PaulHodgdon
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, that is what I did - I tagged the word multi to the end of the MSADS Flat Hierararchy file and uploaded it. That worked once. Now when I want to change it, it says that it already exists and won't let me upload a new copy using he configtool program.

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Paul,

You do not want to overwrite a standard data source configuration file (if that is what you are intending). You should create a new file name and upload that. If you do not, there is no guarantee that a later update to the software won't overwrite your work.

See http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/b7/14d43f2dd44821e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

-Michael