Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapinst..set to ignore errors..HOW

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can we set sapinst to ignore errors ..as in when the command

CR3ldStep::startR3ldProcesses lib=iamodload module=CR3ldSteptrying to start C:\usr\sap\PRD\SYS\exe\run/R3load.exe -dbcodepage 4103 -i "C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\ECC04SR1\WEBAS_ABAP_ORA_UC\DB/SAPDFACT.cmd" -l "C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\ECC04SR1\WEBAS_ABAP_ORA_UC\DB/SAPDFACT.log" -stop_on_error

That command is run by sapinst..can we set it to ignore errors and continue..How..>?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The way to ignore error is edit keydb.xml and replace error by OK and retryt the installation.

Hope this is useful

Regards

Umesh

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Umesh,

Can you point me to the specific words that i have to change and i noticed several keydb.xml`s there so i am assuming it creates one for each attempt..successful or not...so that being said..updating the latest one ..should fix it ........right

Regards

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Why go for a quick fix?

Regards.

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Joseph,

Good question..do you have any other solution..i have done the install several times, its very obvious that the objects have been created already in the database...Now let me ask you the question..WHY GO FOR A QUICK FIX...??

do you have an alternative solution or did you just ask that question..for fun

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

When you re-run sapinst, it reads the latest keydb.xml file and continues from the last point...

So when you replace a "ERROR" step with "OK", it assumes that the particular step has been completed and it proceeds to the next step.

However it is recommended that whichever step you decide to bypass should be completed manually, therwise it may lead to problems later on..

Example

This section of the keydb.xml file:

<row>

<fld name="STEPKEY">

<strval><![CDATA[R3E|ind|ind|db6|R3E|47|0|SAPComponent|ind|ind|ind|ind|

ind|0|DatabaseServer|ind|ind|db6|ind|in

d|0|Tablespaces|ind|ind|db6|ind|ind|0|CreateTablespaces]]>

</strval>

</fld>

<fld name="STATUS">

<strval><![CDATA[ERROR]]> **line to be replaced

</strval>

</fld>

</row>

should be replaced with:

<row>

<fld name="STEPKEY">

<strval><![CDATA[R3E|ind|ind|db6|R3E|47|0|SAPComponent|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind

|0|DatabaseServer|ind|ind|db6|ind|in

d|0|Tablespaces|ind|ind|db6|ind|ind|0|CreateTablespaces]]>

</strval>

</fld>

<fld name="STATUS">

<strval><![CDATA[OK]]> **replacement

</strval>

</fld>

</row>

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bidwan,

That part of the xml file i figures shouldent be touched........i found that out painfully, However the problem has been solved....

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If you have error during installation then search for the ERROR word in keyd.xml and replace this with OK word and retry the installation.

It will look like CDATA<ERROR> etc.

Award points if helpful

Regards

Umesh