Former Member
0 Kudos

For any ADOBE PDF form, if I switch to the layout tab

I get the following errors

> Error while generating document

> Memory Protection Fault in OLE Container Control

I'm running SAPGUI 6.4

The SAP Server is WAS 6.4

I have Acrobat Reader 7.0.2 loaded on my system.

This problem seems specific to my desktop. Others can view the layout of the PDF without issue.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Lavaughn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I don't believe that the reader really plays into this part of the equation.

Action Adobe Designer 7.0 is required from SP12 and beyond (OSS Note 848539).

You should have directory under Program Files\Adobe called Designer 7.0.

The instructions for updating to Designer 7.0 are in OSS Note 801524.

Between the two notes you have the instructions on how t remove Designer 6.0 and download 7.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK,

Thanks for your help Thomas.

Best Regards

Vasco

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member

Hello Lavaughn,

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Thanks

Vasco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I got the same error message when using SAPGUI 7.40 patch 3 and Adobe LiveCycle Dessigner 10.

I solved the issue upgrading to Adobe LiveCycle Dessigner 11.

Hope it helps.

david

barzake
Participant
0 Kudos

Good time colleagues,

GUI 7.20 Patch 13.

same problem SOFFICEINTEGRATION141

Can anyone support on my mail?

--

Respectfully,

Evhen Barzak

<Post was moderated>

Former Member
0 Kudos

This could be really late reply for this issue, but for the users who are facing this issue currently, the fix is provided in the following link

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1363115#1363115

Thanks to Pradeep.

Anusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I faced the same problem in my system, and could fix it very easily. All I did was follow instructions described in OSS note 1074025.

1. Close SAP gui

2. Check if process FormDesigner.exe is still running in Task Manager. If so, kill it.

3. Delete folder "Designer" from location:

C:\Documents and settings\<user id>\Application Data\Adobe

When you run again the Adobe LiveCycle, the folder is regenerated.

After a lot of unsuccesful attemps reinstalling the ALC, and even the SAPGUI, this solution worked perfectly for me. Hope it helps some of you.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent !

I've been strugling for 2 days now for SFP transaction and indeed, deleting the folder C:\Users\<user_id>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Designer works perfectly

NB: path for Windows Vista

Thanks a lot

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome!!

I ws struggling to fix this as it was working perfectly fine with all my coleagues. Your solution solved my problem and also helpded me in finding out what was the problem. I used to develope Interactive forms using NWDS, so there was already a folder "designer" created for NWDS. When tried to generate a form in layout (SFP) it was not abl to do. Deleting the Designer folder in the location

C:\DocumentsAndSettings\USERID\ApplicationData\Adobe

problem was solved.

Thanks for the answer.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

I have done exactlly what you did, but I'm still getting the same error message. Witch Patch do you have in your SAP GUI 7.10, I got the lastest one, Patch 15.

I would appreciate any help.

Luis Lara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

I have done exactlly what you did, but I'm still getting the same error message. Witch Patch do you have in your SAP GUI 7.10, I got the lastest one, Patch 15.

I would appreciate any help.

Luis Lara

Kelli_Kitch
0 Kudos

I am having the same error

I have SAP Gui 7.1, Adobe Professional 7 with Designer 7.1

Any suggestions? Were you all able to get it working?

david_pham
Explorer
0 Kudos

See my post at for a possible solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I too experienced similar problems recently - used to get errors like SOFFICEINTEGRATION143, SOFFICEINTEGRATION141 & SOFFICEINTEGRATION101(Memory protection error for OLE Container) while accessing Layout of Interactive Forms.

I got it resolved by uninstalling the NWDS (which uninstalls Adobe LiveCycle Designer (ALD) as well) and then reinstalling ALD and NWDS (Optional).

With the NWDS installation, ALD is also bundled.

If you need to install ALD separately, you may get the right ALD version from

SAP Support Portal->Downloads-> Entry by Application Group->

Support Packages and Patches-> SAP NetWeaver-> SAP NETWEAVER-> SAP NETWEAVER 7.0-> Entry by Component-> Frontend =>> ADOBE LIVECYCLE DESIGNER 8.0 -> #OS independent.

Hope this helps.

George Mathew

Abhijeet-K
Active Participant
0 Kudos

NWDS indeed uninstalls the Adobe Live Cycle Designer. I had to install it separately, after I had upgraded to SAP GUI 7.3 lately.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Are you sure you have the Acrobat Designer protion of the SAPGui loaded? If have seen this error on machines that did not have it loaded or not loaded correctly. Also as of SP13 you need a 7.0 version of Designer. This does not come with a SAPGui update. You must download this separately from the Service Marketplace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

I have version 7.0.1 of the Adobe Reader.

I believe I have all the components of the SAPGui installed. Can you tell me how can I check if the Acrobat Designer portion of the SAPGui is loaded?

Thanks

Vasco