cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBX and SM4

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Sand Box in which I have two folders in Oracle that is SBX and SM4 both contains folders like sapdata1,sapdata2,sapreorg,one saptrace etc.

I have only one instance in console that is SBX.

Also all services for SM4 are currently disabled.

I dont know whether SM4 was installed to generate some keys or was it installed for testing of Solution Manager Installation.

As there is a lot of space occupied by SM4 folder in Oracle I would like to know can I delete this folder after taking full Backup.

Also if it was installed for generating Keys will it effect the Test system in any way.

Thanks

Parvez Khan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean to say that ypu see

/oracle/SBX , /oracle/SM4 and /usr/sap/SBX and ../SM4 ??

SM4 looks like Solution Manager installation .. Do you see any process running for SM4 ?

eg: ps -ef |grep SM4 ,

If its solution manager , i dont think its good idea to delete that as you need solution manager to generate keys when you do any new installations and also mandatory for downloading patches.

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prince,

Thanks for the reply,

Yes there are folders like

oracle/SBX , /oracle/SM4 and /usr/sap/SBX and /usr/sap/SM4.

when I tried ps -ef|grep SM4 it gives me ps is not recognized as internal or external command.

Also I would like to inform you that we have a seperate SMD(Solution Manager Development) and SMP(Solution Manager Production) system Installation which can be used for ECC Key generation.

Thanks

Parvez Khan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought its Unix .. Anyways you have Other solution manager so if its solution manager and its not being used you can remove it. Anyway talk to your team and get the approvals

Thanks

Prince Jose